SD Youth season 2023

Flushedup

Looking forward to this weekend, I will be able to let my dog out and get on some roosters for the first time of the year! Only weird part is I wont have a gun in my hands, so my kids will have to try and let him get some feathers in the mouth.

I will let ya''l know what I see and if my kids happen to knock one down. This will be my daughters first year with a youth 20 gauge. Hopefully she gets a chance!

Any other reports I'd be glad to hear them

Looking forward to this weekend, I will be able to let my dog out and get on some roosters for the first time of the year! Only weird part is I wont have a gun in my hands, so my kids will have to try and let him get some feathers in the mouth.

I will let ya''l know what I see and if my kids happen to knock one down. This will be my daughters first year with a youth 20 gauge. Hopefully she gets a chance!

Any other reports I'd be glad to hear them
Good for you getting the kids out. Good luck! Post some pics.

Well what a weekend! This was our first, and not last youth season. My 2 kids were there for different reasons, my son is 16, this is his 4th year bird hunting so he is more about the challenge and chances of birds. My daughter on the other hand, this was a success that I got her to put a shell in the gun (sometimes).

So we got out for 4 - 1 to 1.5 hr hunts. All public per the rules, Either first at 10am or last golden hour. We moved and saw over 100 birds.... the doggo knocked off the rust nicely. My daughter didn't get to pull the trigger but that's fine. My son, had enough shots to get 7 or 8 birds but shot 1. (he had a hard time knocking off the rust).

Good weather, the farmers everywhere are going hard after beans I would guess 60% are out, and a couple fields of corn are starting to come out. We had alot of fun and learning moments, had mom with taking pictures too!

Attachments

• 20231007_190528.jpg
    20231007_190528.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
  • 20231006_183404.jpg
    20231006_183404.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 70
Back