SD Report 11/18

kennedyrec

After a white knuckler of a Sioux Falls to Mitchell run on i-90 the morning of 11/18, I headed north from Mitchell an hour or so to hunt the last couple hours of light. Fresh snow with birds holding tight late in the afternoon, my lab quickly came nose to nose with a hen under the snow/grass cover. All hell busted loose when she flushed taking a dozen or so other birds, roosters included, in the process. That was the start of a great weekend, harvesting 7 birds, not including one wounded bird that was lost, thru 11/21.

All of my birds come from public ground and I hunt alone. We saw good #'s that were similar to last year; and possibly more hens this year than last. Birds were shot and seen in all types of cover, with possibly more from reeds in dry slews. If there was cut corn and water nearby, numbers went up. Saturday we hunted a small tract that held more birds than I thought possible.

Can't wait to get back next year.

picture.php

After a white knuckler of a Sioux Falls to Mitchell run on i-90 the morning of 11/18, I headed north from Mitchell an hour or so to hunt the last couple hours of light. Fresh snow with birds holding tight late in the afternoon, my lab quickly came nose to nose with a hen under the snow/grass cover. All hell busted loose when she flushed taking a dozen or so other birds, roosters included, in the process. That was the start of a great weekend, harvesting 7 birds, not including one wounded bird that was lost, thru 11/21.

All of my birds come from public ground and I hunt alone. We saw good #'s that were similar to last year; and possibly more hens this year than last. Birds were shot and seen in all types of cover, with possibly more from reeds in dry slews. If there was cut corn and water nearby, numbers went up. Saturday we hunted a small tract that held more birds than I thought possible.

Can't wait to get back next year.

picture.php

Great Story!! Some of the greatest hunts and memories start with the adventure of "getting there".

Back