SD Crop reports?

Ranger Rick

Anyone have a crop report? Uguide? Haven't seen one in a while. I'm headed out Friday, so is a buddy, who told me he knew of people that are canceling, or postponing their hunts because there's too much corn standing. I guess if you've got plenty of time and are flexible, you could postpone, but I wouldn't change my plans regardless.

Along the same lines.... what is the average date that the corn is out each year? I kept hearing how the combining conditions were perfect. This would be good to know in the future to book our hunts accordingly. I don't mind hunting strips of corn but those large blocks need lots of guys and that type of hunting I'm not interested in.

Bob

Harvest progress

Just talked to a young farmer we hunt with that lives on the McCook County /Turner county line (SE SD) and he said they were finishing up their beans tonight...and were over half done with the corn.

Harvest is way ahead of last year for that particular area...and probably at least a couple weeks ahead of what is an average year for that area.

As the crops come out the pheasant hunting gets better!!
This farmer also said he has been seeing some birds. This area typically does not have a ton of pheasants....but glad to know there are a few around!

God bless....and safe hunting everyone!;)

Definitely ahead of last year. I think the combines are going to be busy these next two weeks with the potential for systems moving in. To many farmers got burned last year.

Back