Rex Specs???

OTC saline solution rinses debris out of dog eyes. But a vet visit may be necessary.

I get the bet bill thing but i have to believe thise goggles are more trouble than they're worth.
They really are no trouble once the dog gets used to them. They are so worth it to not have to worry about your best bud running through the thick stuff and getting seeds and scratches on his eyes.

I'll check the dogs eyes after going through seedy stuff and carry saline in dog box. These things would be great going thru cattails. Sounds like a cheap investment to give it a shot.

I'll check the dogs eyes after going through seedy stuff and carry saline in dog box. These things would be great going thru cattails. Sounds like a cheap investment to give it a shot.
I carry saline as part of the dog med kit, but there is nothing we can do for a scratched cornea. Once I saw the scratch via the dye and UV light, I was done and knew the Rex Specs were to be ordered. This picture is what came of the lenses after his first hunt of about 2hrs in mixed grasses and thickets chasing birds.

Attachments

• B825C0EF-6AC9-4087-A629-AA5851D36C7C.jpeg
    B825C0EF-6AC9-4087-A629-AA5851D36C7C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
I carry saline as part of the dog med kit, but there is nothing we can do for a scratched cornea. Once I saw the scratch via the dye and UV light, I was done and knew the Rex Specs were to be ordered. This picture is what came of the lenses after his first hunt of about 2hrs in mixed grasses and thickets chasing birds.
Mine were scratched just like that after the first hunt. Our dogs eyes get banged up more then most hunters realize

Have any of you communicated w/ RexSpecs to see if they'd consider making a tougher lens?? If so, what was the response?
I did several years ago. If I remember the conversation correctly, a “tougher” lens would be less “able” to absorb impact and have potential for injury. The lens pictured in this thread is scratched, but a long ways from being to the point of requiring replacement.

I did several years ago. If I remember the conversation correctly, a “tougher” lens would be less “able” to absorb impact and have potential for injury. The lens pictured in this thread is scratched, but a long ways from being to the point of requiring replacement.
I think I can get a few more hunts, all conditions being similar, from this lens.

Back