Restaurants/Bars Aberdeen-Webster?

dgrunloh

We have spent the last couple of years in the Mitchell area and loved it (You have to go to the Buckshots Roadhouse in Letcher). This year we are trying a new area, we will be heading out to the Aberdeen - Webster Area in a couple of weeks, actually staying in Waubay. Looking for advice on which Restaurants/Diners/Bars that we have to try. I want to make sure that I support the locals.

Reactions: PTM
The one legged pheasant is a brewery in Aberdeen and would be local. If different types of beer is up your alley. Been there a few times and have not been disappointed with selection.

This doesn’t pertain too evening meals slash bars but if your a breakfast person like I am a lot of the small tows lack on cafes or dinners for breakfast and that’s kind of my fuel supply so that is kind of more important to me than the bars

I just had supper at the A&W on Saturday and any time I pass through around meal time, that's where I go. For more of a true dining experience, Perebooms is a good restaurant in Webster. If you want to mingle with the locals, the Decoy Bar in Webster could be worth checking out.

What Golden Hour said about Webster. A&W, Perebooms and the Decoy downtown are about it. In Aberdeen you have many choices. Mavericks is good. The Flame downtown has been there forever and usually pretty decent. Minervas inside the Ramkota motel is okay. I've been away from Aberdeen for 10 years and there are numerous new places there. For breakfast I'd try the Millstone Restaurant. You might also try the Brass Kettle in downtown Aberdeen.

Always went to Lagers while I was in college. I've been to Slackers and Pounders and they're all your typical bar foods. Always good but never special.

I live in Webster. Bird numbers in this county are not real promising. See a few now and then when scouting waterfowl but just know you may wear yourself out to find a bird. Never know...could find a good pocket? The further west the better off you'll be.

Thanks for all the help guys. T-minus 68 hours until we are hunting (not that I'm counting). It doesn't matter how many times I go on these trips, it's just as exciting as the first time.

I always hit Perebooms for breakfast on way into town and Marlins is my favorite breakfast joint in Aberdeen. Is it fine dining, no, but how can you screw up breakfast. Also love the local crowd there.

Got to go talking one day with a local farmer who was in his 80’s one morning and at the end, he paid for my breakfast with a check!

Back