Replacement stock question...

MJinMN

My father-in-law shoots a Beretta AL391 Urika semi-auto. He's left-handed. Can anyone recommend a place to find a "left-handed" replacement stock?

My father-in-law shoots a Beretta AL391 Urika semi-auto. He's left-handed. Can anyone recommend a place to find a "left-handed" replacement stock?

There is one on gunbroker for 195.00. It's for the AL391 gold..... I don't know if this helps you or not? Gunbroker may have more. I found it in the fire arms parts under shotgun parts. Hope this helps.:)

I'm not sure I understand you... are you talking about a left handed gun? Don't believe i've ever heard of a left handed 391.

All of the Beretta 391 stocks are they same , in other words, there is no right or left handed stocks. You simply change the shims to accommodate left handed or right handed shooters by flipping them over to read "SX" (Cast on) for lefties or "DX" (Cast off) for right handers. This information should be in the owners manual.

You can also have the safety converted to accommodate lefties to, by a gunsmith of course.

Last edited:
To be more specific... I'm looking to change any damn thing about my father-in-law's gun to make him hit more of the birds my dog flushes!

Actually, I was thinking about the cast of the stock. I didn't realize you could tweak shims in the stock to adjust it, will check into that. I know he's already reversed the safety.

Thanks for all the help.

-Matt

Last edited:
Just a thought, is this a new gun for him? Has he shot this gun on paper yet to determine if in fact the needs altering?

If he hasn't then I would start there as it could be any number of things (cast or drop) or it simply could be that he needs to get better acquainted with the gun by shooting a few practice rounds at the range.

The best way to determine gun fit is to take a large sheet of paper or cardboard at least 3-4 ft square and place it roughly 20 yards from you. Just far enough away so you can't see where your hitting. Mark yourself an aim point on the cardboard, then with a modified or full choke in the gun fire 5-6 shots one over the top of the other. Focus hard on your aim point and with each shot the gun should be brought down to the ready low gun position then mounted to your face and shot quickly (no aiming). This will give you a good overall picture as to where the gun is hitting. The reason for 5-6 shots is you may have a bad gun mount in there and a flyer will become obvious. From there you can draw a vertical and horizontal line through the aim point and determine if the gun is hitting high/low or right/left.

Good luck. :)

Back