reloading supplies

blackcloud27

holy crap!!!! where can a guy find rifle reloading componets. just saw a 1 # can of powder sell for $62 on gunbroker. local fleet farm store got in 40,000 rounds of .22 long rifle and sold out in less than 2 hours. trying to load up for a praire dog shot. might have to break out a sling shot or bb gun:mad:

When is your trip and how many V-Max???:cheers:

Found 500 55gr V-Max for 150.00 if interested in being stuck in the eye with a sharp stick!:cheers:

I haven't had to buy any shotshell powder or lead for 9 years, with perhaps another 10 year supply based on current shooting trends. All I have to buy periodically are primers and wads. I was shocked when I went to Cabella's in 2008 and found a 25# bag of lead shot was going for $50($15 in '04). At that price, it is not worth reloading.
With that being said, I have no idea of current prices of lead or powder, and am not sure if I want to know...:eek:

i wont pay extra for someones elses greed. cant believe what people are paying. saw a 1000 large rifle primers sell for $72 plus shipping last night. i have primers and powder. before the local fleet farm store put limits on ammo purchases a local farmer on a whim saw a pallet of 7.62 ammo. he bought the whole pallet. $6000 :eek: his son asked him if he needed to buy all of it so he put ONE box back. if you need that much ammo even Rambo would be out numbered!!!!!

i wont pay extra for someones elses greed. cant believe what people are paying. saw a 1000 large rifle primers sell for $72 plus shipping last night. i have primers and powder. before the local fleet farm store put limits on ammo purchases a local farmer on a whim saw a pallet of 7.62 ammo. he bought the whole pallet. $6000 :eek: his son asked him if he needed to buy all of it so he put ONE box back. if you need that much ammo even Rambo would be out numbered!!!!!

$6,000........ I had to delete that post. Sorry guys...I decided i best leave those comments to myself. Carry on.

Last edited:

Poor farmer...either loves his A K, or, investing to sell it in the future.Just don't tell me he paid for it with his crop insurance check.
Just bought Ruger 9mm, pick it up Tuesday. After filling out paperwork, I asked for some 9mm rounds, no ammo on the shelf. Duh!, on my part!
No 22's in 1st 2 places, snagged some at third place for twice what I paid 7 monthes ago.

It really sucks right now and see no end at the present. I really hate going to a shop and they are out of components LOL! Then see the guy's name or even his shop's name on Gunbroker selling components. Trying to hide what he is doing from customers who think there is none out there! Just swallowed up to be sold behind the scenes. When the market slows, they will put it back on the shelves. But right now they are getting double and triple. The IRS could have a field day on some of these guy's. Off my soapbox!! Blackcloud I will sell you some for the price at which I can get it from Midway, not a dime more. I have 130 55gr. V-Max. I have some 50 and 55gr Nosler Combined Technology as well. Let me know!!:cheers:

thanks for the offer bleu. great to have honest guys on forum:10sign: in the local paper some ^&^%^% has 20,000 rounds of .22 long rifle for sale. asking price is 23 cents apiece:eek: has to be some kind of typo??? who would pay that much.

thanks for the offer bleu. great to have honest guys on forum:10sign: in the local paper some ^&^%^% has 20,000 rounds of .22 long rifle for sale. asking price is 23 cents apiece:eek: has to be some kind of typo??? who would pay that much.
Wait a couple days and you'll see a pallet of 7.62 going for $12,000, couldn't beat the classified deadline. Maybe even at the same phone number.
I paid 10 cents a round for 22 lr Saturday.

You know this is what happens when the un-educated get to vote. I can't believe the crap that's going on in this country. It makes me sick. Some people need to wake the F up. :thumbsup::10sign::cheers:

As long as people keep paying, they will keep selling!!! I am luckier then most and have been relentless on the web getting components from good dealers with no crazy mark up !!!! I do not like the haz matt fee, so when I buy, I buy as much as I can to offset the cost. Some things are just not showing up! I will wait!! I need some Retumbo for my big guns and it just hasn't surfaced. I think I get 64 rounds with 1 pound. It doesn't go far!!! Hopefully by late Summer it will start to show up!!!:cheers:

Back