Red setter breeder in CO?

smdmz

I'm looking for a quality red setter pup for around summer-winter of 2017. This will be my first red setter, as I've only owned Brittanys up to this point, and I'd like to find a breeder that breeds specifically for hunting. Seems like there are too many Irish setter breeders out there breeding just for show. Some of the show-bred ones are plain ugly, IMO. Anyway, does anyone know a breeder like that in Colorado?

Thanks guys. Thought I'd post on UPH when Bonnie from Firefly didn't respond after a couple days. Now I'm on the waitlist for a female from one of her 2017 litters! In case anyone's wondering, they have 7 females and 1 male left from their recent 3 litters.

Bonnie is our field rep. for A.K.C. Very busy lady. Dennis is in Idaho field trialing. back on Wednesday.

Glad you hooked up with them.

Bonnie is our field rep. for A.K.C. Very busy lady. Dennis is in Idaho field trialing. back on Wednesday.

Glad you hooked up with them.

Yea it sounded like they are slammed. I'm going to go meet up with them after the pheasant closer to check out their dogs. I'd much rather buy from a breeder who's busy in the field than from one sitting on a couch checking emails!

Back