Recommendations for you who like to drink deeply of good books

Dag, do you have any other collectibles? That Ranger box looks like it's in pretty good condition.
I’ve got 2 of those Ranger boxes. One still has all the paper shells in it. I love the old boxes and actually just picked up some more today at a pawn store.
The pointer coffee can I got for $5 at a consignment store my wife likes.

Jenny Willow by Mike Gaddis is an extremely well-written book. I may have a predisposition to like it because it is, in part, a story about an old man and his final dog. There much more though, for the dog goes on...and does the story.

I believe you will appreciate it, and it will stir feelings that men don't usually talk about, 'cuz we're manly men.

Enjoy.jenny willow book cover.jpg

I am bias but this one was written about the Rufus who was the great grandfather of my Britts. It will make you laugh and cry. CW and I became friends after his Bear was smitten by my girls Ellie Mae. They made awesome pups! That is Ellie and Rufus Bear in 2017. Damn I miss them dogs! View attachment 3616
View attachment 3615
My parents always got the Kansas City newspaper. I loved reading his columns. I named a black lab Gusewelle.

I have Charlie Waterman's Hunting Upland Birds on my desk, read it countless times, lead to hunting 10 states, and all the upland species in the lower 48, plus moving to Idaho from Michigan and now Nevada. Thanks Charlie, it lead to a life few people are fortunate enough to enjoy...

Back