railroad tracks

As a former 10 year employee with Burlington Northern Santa Fee RR, I will promise you that it is just a matter of time until you get caught with a firearm on RR property and charged with a felony....there goes your gun hunting for life! Yea, I know people are doing it, have been doing it, and will be doing it tomorrow. But like I say, its more then likely just a matter of time. RR's actually have "special agents" hired to look for such things (among other things). It is the responsibility of all RR employee's, whether an engineer, signalman, or track maintainence personel, to call dispatch and report your tresspass. They probably wont, but there are many antihunters within the rail system, and many more who are looking for a "brown-nose" up the ladder, who wouldnt hesitate for a second to make that call. Is a Pheasant worth a felony? Is a Pheasant worth loosing your right to own firearms for the rest of your life?

Couldn't agree more. It is no different than private property held by the farmer. Like someone else alluded to......BLACK AND WHITE. There are plenty of other right of ways to hunt. Why push your luck.....JMO

Felony? I think that's a little out of line.

Murders and rapist's get felonies not a 18 year old kid squirrel hunting on the RR track.

You can thank Bush and his Patriot act

if you knew your classes, youd be surprise but again, from your history of post, im not surprise with this comment.

No way can that be prosecuted as a felony......wow.
Now I understand your post.

I stand corrected. A felony is possible. Depends on the state though.

it would be a class 5 if the railroad wants to press charges i believe.

It would be a class 5 if the railroad wants to press charges i believe.

I believe that is the same thing a sheriff warned me about. I got stopped walking in a ditch on a little ridge that made it look like I was on the tracks from the highway. He knows me well enough that he said either way he was going to warn me, but was relieved that I was not walking on the tracks.

Back