Rabbit and squirrel

elkhunter33

I know this is a pheasant forum, but i was wondering if anybody knew any good rabbit and/or squirrel hunting spots within an hour and a half of Denver. I am in high school so the gas is hard to afford, but my buddy and I really want to go, but we don't know where to go. I have looked on the cdow site and found Brower SWA,Mitani-Tokuyasu SWA, Nakagawa SWA,and Centennial Valley SWA to look fairly promising even though they are small. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
thx, Will

I can't answer on how the rabbit or squirrel hunting is up north here but I can tell you that Brower is closed due to the flooding in September. Waterfowl hunting at Mitani-Tokuyasu is pretty productive.

the blm land around Craig holds a lot of bunnies when the cycle is up. Rabbits are cyclical, some years they're thick, the same place next year is empty. I know Craig is farther then you wanted to go but it 'll be a nice chance to try or perfect your winter camping. nobody would be there probably
maybe those swa's Hugo Karval, and there's a 3rd on I cant think of the name, its about 5 miles north of Hugo. Remember your cold weather stuff for the car ,though with cell phones most don't worry about that any more

There are a TON around town. :D

Anywhere there are mature trees and brushy cover should hold the quarry you're after.

Good luck.

Back