Question for New Browning A5 Sweet Sixteen Owners

Dakotazeb

My new A5 Sweet Sixteen is about two years old and has not seen a lot of use. However, the lettering on the left side of the receiver that says "Browning" with "Sweet Sixteen" under it has worn off. The lettering on the right side that says "A5 Sweet Sixteen" is just fine. It's not a big deal as far as I'm concerned, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I suppose it could also pertain to the 12 ga guns as they also have lettering on each side.

My A5 Sweet Sixteen from 2016 doesn't show any wear on the lettering. The same with my A5 12ga from 2012 (the 12ga just has Browning on the left side and A5 on the right side). They have both been used enough to show wear if they were going to show it.

I sent an email to Browning about the issue with my new A5 Sweet. They said they have never heard of that happening. Like I said before, it's not big deal to me as long as the lettering on the right side doesn't start to come off. Oh well, it doesn't effect the performance of the gun.

Browning should replace it !!!
That's probably true, but I really don't care. 99% of the people that would look at my gun would never even notice it. I'm more PO'd about the scratch I put in the stock the other day. Not ever sure how it got there. :)

Zeb, you might need to change hand locations, if its eating yiur gun finish what is it doing to your skin!🤣

Back