Question for all of you.

Thrasher

Do any of you have any experience with the Browning Maxus? I am thinking about buying another shotgun that I can put 3 1/2 inch shells through for geese. I have been using the 11-87 to hunt pheasant and ducks.

Any information or recommendations would be appreciated.

I know two guys with the maxus. They believe it is the most awesome shotgun out there. One is a hard-core uplander with 50 years of hunting experience. The other guy is a 40 year old gun nut who has probably tried every type of gun there is. If I was shotgun shopping, it would be high on my list because of their recommendations.

If i was a duck hunter or goose i know what gun i would have for sure and shot 3and halfs the benelli super black eagle 2 the all around shotgun

Thanks for the feedback. I like what I am reading about the maxus and like the looks of the wood with the nickle receiver. Wondering about the mossy-oak duck blind model. Do I really need a camouflage gun?

My brother shot a SBE for a year or two. I shot it one time. I remember it weighing a bunch.

Do a search on the forum for Maxus-several threads. I've had my Maxus about 3 years-camo, 28" and really like it. It weighs 7 lbs, handles all shells, though I havn't actually shot any 3.5" through it. It cycles well from 3" 1-3/4oz to 1oz light sporting clays loads.
POL

I hunt birds with several guns, but use the Maxus the most. It recoils much less than the Benelli Montefeltro it replaced, and is lighter than many other 12 Ga. gas auto's. I would highly recommend a Maxus for anyone in the buying mood. However, unless you plan on shooting lots of 3 1/2" shells, get the 3" version.

Back