Question about licenses and "pay to play" from an out of towner

Freebyrd17

My friends to the south,

I'll be in the Wichita area for Christmas and coming from Minnesota. I don't usually do the "pay to play" thing but because I don't know the area/state, I was thinking about stretching my legs with the dog for a day over the holidays. As much as I love my wife's aunts and grandma, it might do the dog and I some good to get away from what's sure to be a lot of fashion, home decor, and shopping conversation.

Can anyone tell me if I need to buy an out of state license in order to chase birds for a day on a preserve or game farm? Any preserve recommendations for the central Kansas area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays to all!

Freebyrd

What Lanerjo said...:thumbsup:

I know there used to be at least one preserve a stone's throw from Wichita because I shot sporting clays there a couple times. Can't remember the name, but maybe somebody in Wichita can chime in.

Good luck. Hope your dog has fun and you get some delicious preserve birds for dinner!

I don't have any experience with the csa's.....but a couple I have seen listed.

Kansas Gun Dogs & Kisiwa Guided Hunts LLC, and Bluestem hunting preserve

My friends to the south,

I'll be in the Wichita area for Christmas and coming from Minnesota. I don't usually do the "pay to play" thing but because I don't know the area/state, I was thinking about stretching my legs with the dog for a day over the holidays. As much as I love my wife's aunts and grandma, it might do the dog and I some good to get away from what's sure to be a lot of fashion, home decor, and shopping conversation.

Can anyone tell me if I need to buy an out of state license in order to chase birds for a day on a preserve or game farm? Any preserve recommendations for the central Kansas area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays to all!

Freebyrd

I cant answer your question about pay to play but if you like BBQ do go eat at Bite Me BBQ downtown near Douglass/St Francis st and then hit up Meads Corner for Coffee. If BBQ isnt your thing eat at Old Mill Tasty Shop which is around the corner from Bite Me on Douglass.

Enjoy the trip to Wichita.

if you want more natural pheasant habitat head anywhere west and north of Wichita.

I had a couple of nice hunts with Kansas Creek Gamebirds. See the website. Have fun.

If you go to the KDWPT site and look for CSA listing it will give you the entire list for the state. You can see by the address if it is in your area. Buy a CSA license and it is good for the year on CSAreas only.

Back