Question about GSP's

I cant say enough about GSP'S.Talk about a loyal loving dog.And smart.Actually allmost to smart.I cant believe how fast my dog learns.With a little training IMO there isnt a nother breed that can compare.The kennel I got mine from is called Mabe kennels.Heres a link http://mabekennels.com/ .
Hope this helps. Happy hunting.

GSP - Great Dogs

When we first started hunting with dogs, One of the buddies had a GSP.. Did great. My buddy and I found Goldens that were a great deal.. $20.. after the training and the years went by, they did the job just fine... for flushers. They did a wonderful job on the retrieving end..

After they passed, We both ended up with GSP's. I "inherited" an 18 month old spayed female that was gun shy.. By the end of the first year, she had it down. Pointing, retrieving and .. no longer shy about the gunshots.. She has become the best of the bunch.. best nose, best points, best retrieves... She goes bonkers as soon as the truck hits the gravel road..

And I used her in my elementary classes as an aid for the kids.. She is wonderful around other dogs, will let me know when a stranger is in the yard, but never so much as a growl... Very good family dog..

Now, Skip, he purchased a male GSP pup.. Different conditions, has an English Spaniel and another dog in the pack. He has the natural instincts and does a fine job.. except the retrieving part.. If he returns the bird, it won't have any tail feathers left, and has a hole in the back... just a result of the environment that he grew up with - competition...

So, GSP's are great dogs. They are willing to please.. Just make sure you take the time to train correctly...

Back