Quail forever in Arizona

jmac

The very 1st meeting of Quail Forever in Arizona will Be Tonight at the Mesa Bass pro shop at 6:30 pm. I hope the few of us from Arizona, on UPH, will be able to join us at the meeting.

A 2nd meeting in Tucson, at the Radison, will be thrusday the 12th, at 6:30, for those in the southern parts of Arizona.:):cheers:

Good Luck. I confess I'm surprised it took so long, given the rich history of quail hunting in Arizona. Used to be one of the last "best" places for an unmatched variety of quail.

Good Luck. I confess I'm surprised it took so long, given the rich history of quail hunting in Arizona. Used to be one of the last "best" places for an unmatched variety of quail.

Thank you oldandnew, I've been working on this meeting for about six months, and its finally going to take place.

Way to go Jmac. You and1pheas4 are my inspiration. I'm going to start working on this in my area shortly.

Well the meeting is over and I'm proud to say Arizona has its 1st Chapter of Quail Forever. Turn out was low but it's a start. Hope the meeting in Tucson on thrusday nets us a 2nd Chapter.:cheers:

Well the meeting is over and I'm proud to say Arizona has its 1st Chapter of Quail Forever. Turn out was low but it's a start. Hope the meeting in Tucson on thrusday nets us a 2nd Chapter.:cheers:

Good things are happening for those Zonie quail.:thumbsup:

Wish we lived closer, and could lend support. Spent many a winter chasing montezuma's around Patagonia, before it became an illegal alien and smuggling war zone, and it became a fashionable destination for the artsy crafty types. Looks like from what I hear, montezuma's need some help. I had always heard there might even be some masked bobwhites still there in the early 70's. Hoped to see one but never did.

Wish we lived closer, and could lend support. Spent many a winter chasing montezuma's around Patagonia, before it became an illegal alien and smuggling war zone, and it became a fashionable destination for the artsy crafty types. Looks like from what I hear, montezuma's need some help. I had always heard there might even be some masked bobwhites still there in the early 70's. Hoped to see one but never did.

Thank you oldandnew.

Yes the montezuma's or Mearns need help alot. The G&F biologist said that the Masked Bobwhites are still hanging in there. I've never seen one but they said they will show them to us on a feild trip. You can't hunt them as they are protected, but I'd still like to see one or two.:)

Last edited:
We have a second chapter in Arizona. Tucson started this one called," southern Arizona Quail Forever.:)

Jmac, your just getting started so be sure to take it easy on yourself and don't get discouraged. Remember this stuff takes time and it's a good thing your doing.;)

Also, keep in mind that your new chapter is a business and must be run like a business. Just as it takes time to find good employees, so too it takes time to find dedicated, willing to learn, willing to work chapter committee members.

Please feel free to contact me anytime with questions. You're more than welcome to call me to discuss anything you need to discuss. I'll help as best I can.

One other thing; the whole notion that the younger guys aren't willing to volunteer their time is B.S. It takes some effort to get them in. Once you get them going they rock and roll with the best of them. Talk to your friends and have them talk with their friends and before you know it you'll have a team willing to make a difference. Don't be afraid to put an add in the paper if you haven't done so already.

Keep up the good work and good luck my friend:thumbsup:

Last edited:
1Pheas4'

Thank you very much sir. I will be in touch if we need any help. Thanks again for the advice.:thumbsup:

The next meeting of Valley of the sun chapter of Quail Forever will be on the 8th of Feb at 6:300pm at the RTO'S on Alma school and Southern in Mesa Az. For the few Uphers from Az.

Last edited:
Back