Q5 vest...

Labs

Anyone have a Q5 Centerfire if so what do you think of it? I bit the bullet and ordered one yesterday. I tend to carry a bunch of gear which is why I like the Tenzing BV16, I just don't like the small game bag. I figure if I can't carry it some place on a Q5, I don't need it...

Last edited:
I have the Rimfire, which I think is the same size. I really like mine, it’s comfortable and you can easily carry 3 pheasants plus all the dog and human first aid kits, water and the other “stuff” I think is necessary.

Thanks AM1. Sounds like the earliest I might see it is Late December, maybe even January. Bought a Browning Bird & Lite for when I want to use a strap vest in the interim...

Last edited:
I bought one a couple months ago and used it when i went to the sand hills, so far i am very happy with it.

I'm using the San Carlos vest, perfect for what I do. Grab and go with enough room for 4 to 5 hour mission.

Think mine is the San Carlos. I've had it for about 5 years and it still looks new. I have used it a lot. Solid.

I also have a San Carlos and would agree its hard to get birds in the game bag but I don’t have any trouble with the Rimfire. The game bag is bigger.

I’d agree with that. Quail not hard to put in but roosters are hard to reach around and get in.

Back