Protocol on splitting up the birds?

I bet if you hunt with a group that eash hunter stops shooting when they get there limit has a lot less "arguments" with who shot the bird, would some people claim to "miss" more than they think?

What do any of you do with a "Game Hog"?

You know, the guy that just refuses to stop shooting birds, even though his limit was long since filled.

What do any of you do with a "Game Hog"?

You know, the guy that just refuses to stop shooting birds, even though his limit was long since filled.

We try to put the guy who has not shot any birds or needs to shoot more birds in the best position. But we all perfectly understand that if you or some else has the shot they should take. Some days I will shoot more than others and some days others will shoot more than me.

We hunt with the same 4-5 guys year in and year out. Always split up the birds evenly. It is a team between pushers, blockers, shooters and dogs. It really is not a big deal to us. Memories and fun are the main focus not dead birds.

Anyone with me can have as many birds as they like. I take whatever is leftover. Matter of fact, I almost always offer birds to landowner.

As far as shooting birds after I have shot my 3 I always give others the best opportunities, the guys I am with always insist I continue to shoot, but I do the same in turn. Somedays the birds just always seam to get up or fly by one buy more often.

Last edited:
This is exactly what we do. Great post!!

We hunt with the same 4-5 guys year in and year out. Always split up the birds evenly. It is a team between pushers, blockers, shooters and dogs. It really is not a big deal to us. Memories and fun are the main focus not dead birds.

I hunt alone enough that I don't feel a need to keep any of the birds that are shot when I'm in a group. Some of the guys I hunt with only make it out a few days a season.

Back