Pro vs. Cons

Cons of a field bred English springer spaniel? Well, there are aspects of hunting with a FBESS that are challenging, but they really occur relatively rarely. If I changed one of them, I'd no longer have a FBESS, which I firmly believe is the absolute best dog for my pheasant hunting style and for my family.
My dad always had springers.Great energy, great family dogs.Excellent bird dogs.

I've always had yellow labs.We had a German wire hair when I was a kid.Great dog. Yellow labs are great bird dogs.They are awesome swimmers, great noses.Great family dogs. I have a black lab puppy now. I use many different guns,but I'm really liking this 1958 Browning sweet 16.28 inch, full choke.Ive made some long shots with it,and I can cut loose 5 rounds in 3 seconds. It has class, and honor. I bought a beretta 687 28 guage, 28 inch that is awesome. I shoot it well, but it doesn't have great power. Love to carry it.I shoot a 870 super mag. Camo gun at times, with a sling. 28 inch. Walmart gun.Great gun, great turkey gun. I also shoot a 1187 12 guage, 28 inch premier. That's the money gun, and the one u shoot best. Shoot IC.

Guy I have taken hunting is asking me about a gsp. Then he asks if there are dogs I wouldn't want. Long hair and small dogs. Explained to him why I like Weims. Last question he has is what about getting a male and female pups at the same time. I explained why it wasn't a good idea for him at this time.

I doubt that last conversation stuck! Hope it works out. He has a good support group in our pf gang.

Back