Preferred time to start hunting Pheasants.

powbass

I like the 8am start, or later. I believe it's the law in Calif. In the midwest it's the crack of dawn. :cheers: :cheers:

I know in So Dakota the first week of the season starts at 10am and then 9am the following weeks. It is kind of nice being able to get a shower and breakfast and not be hurried to get out to the fields at the crack of dawn. What you miss is the sunrise on the prairie, the quite mornings filled with anticipation of the days events to be had and just more time outdoors. The nice thing about pheasant hunting is it really is an all day event so you can tailor it to your schedule and still enjoy being in nature.

I try to hit the fields by 9:00 am, if not sooner. If I am driving out east from the front range it is hard for me to get there before 9. It is nice being out there at the crack of dawn as that is when you'll often see pheasants along the roads. Plus enjoy the beauty of a prairie morning.

But with pheasants it doesn't matter all that much when you start - they tend to be in different places at different times of the day and as long as you know that you can find them.

I know in So Dakota the first week of the season starts at 10am and then 9am the following weeks. It is kind of nice being able to get a shower and breakfast and not be hurried to get out to the fields at the crack of dawn. What you miss is the sunrise on the prairie, the quite mornings filled with anticipation of the days events to be had and just more time outdoors. The nice thing about pheasant hunting is it really is an all day event so you can tailor it to your schedule and still enjoy being in nature.

Actually it is 12pm first week and 10 am after that. Just trying to keep you out of trouble brother :)

Back