Predators

FCSpringer

This is an example of what I do all the time to keep these guy's at bay around my place. This guy was lurking around the bird pen. Biocoandidos my darlin. She wore a nice bracelet, then ate a lead sandwich this morning for breakfast.

P2170127.jpg

Yep, stinky thing. It has a brownish look to it. I thought it was a cinnamon fox when I saw it the other day after dark with the yard light. But it is just a crappy colored red. Now for his buddy and the weasel that showed up too. Man with all the snow they are popping up. Getting desprate I spose.

Looks like you are doing a fine job training those pesky critters.:10sign:

I've trapped a lot of things, but red foxes aren't on the list. Nice catch! I did catch a weasel in the deep dark past.

I've trapped a lot of things, but red foxes aren't on the list. Nice catch! I did catch a weasel in the deep dark past.

No the weasel is not a blk footed ferrite. They also are refereed to as irmen. Little guys that have a body like a mink, only the size of a big mouse, twice as long. Snow white, with a black tip on the tail. Problem is they can go where a mouse can.

P,D, I have one here now too, he got in and killed 10 birds. Can't keep em out, too small, but tenacious. The fox was not getting in but OH Well. The weasel has not been back yet but he is my concern. They can just slip through a net anywhere. The good thing is they are rare. So all these years he's the first. I did catch some when I used to trap, but only a couple a year. Mink keep them at bay, and they are too big to get in. The weasel is the most dangerous critter to a bird pen if he finds it. Hope to have a pic of him soon, tired of putting birds in every night. The coolest thing I ever caught was an Otter, got him tanned.

Last edited:
When I use to trap, before my state decided to outlaw it, I caught a lot of fox. They were fairly dumb. Coyotes kicked my butt, although I caught a few, most dug up my traps. Caught a lot of skunks, ferral cats, and a few Badger. Oh how I miss it so...

Coyotes are smart dogs. I once was hunting for deer one november afternoon, I then saw a coyote cutting across the low points of my pastures... I knew EXACTLY where he was going. So i sped up to cut him off. When i was getting to that creek spot, he just had crossed the road. So now hes on a high rising spot of the pasture and I knew where he was going to go, but thats almost a mile and then another mile after i turn right. I got to that point and at this point, the dog was just strolling along. I got into my neighbor's pasture (as he hates coyotes bc he has 150 heads of cattle and 200 sheeps) i sat quietly next to his hole that he lives. the wind was coming at me going to the north so this dog couldnt of smell me.

He saw me and detoured and took on a hard core run. after i told my neighbor about this after i got back to my truck, he said that certain coyote is one smart dog and is probably the oldest dog in this area. He often tried to shoot this dog while feeding his cattle... no win on this.

til this day, i have not heard from my neighbor if hes been shot. I still see that bastard running around still but no good shots. I need a bomb in that hole.

My dad has a tool for praire dogs with air tanks that build pressure and you stick a hose down into the holes and the release air giving a wall crushing pressure.

i thought about using it on this coyote's hole.. but i didnt.

I am sure weasel is the fox menu. Maybe should have let him hunt for a while longer and may have saved some of your birds.

he may be full sized now, but he cant be no more than a year old.

would this be a WHITE ferret or are these what you call black foot ferret? I dont know anything about ferrets but that does have a black on his tail.

just asking and curious one here.

most white ferrets are used as house pets.

[edit]
after searching Google. they mainly called them Black eye ferrets.. (maybe so?)

and not common to find Wild. usually are bred and sold as pets.

Last edited:
Nice veezel dere! If they weighed 100 pounds, there wouldn't be a human left on the planet!!! Mink and badgers are cut from the same cloth!!! I could tell you about the badger that almost made it to my chin in high school, but I'd have to change my undies .........again!

Yea badgers are ornery. Bird M, this is a weasel. ferrets are 4 times the size as so are mink. This is a mature weasel. He is not as young as you might think. They just are the same family. but way smaller. But they have a serious attitude for a little bugger. Glad to be rid of him. I am going to catch pigeons for training tonight, and happy that he won't be feasting any more.

Back