Prairie Storm What Shot Size?

nbd13

Hey guys,

Was thinking of trying a box of the prairie storm and seeing what all the hype is about.

What size shot is everyone using? I'm headed out on my first pheasant hunt next week and was thinking of picking up a box.

Thanks,

Nick

Full Choke

Number 6 would be another good choice. Keep in mind that these shells will give you full choke patterns even with cylinder choke. It might make a good second or third load in the gun this time of year.

Lock and Load! :D

Hey guys thanks for the response.

Right now I am shooting improved cylinder choke and have a box of remington pheasant loads number 6 shot.

I have a remington 870 express, so I can load 3 shells.

What do you think I should go with? I'm not sure how good these remington shells are?

Thanks,

Nick

Check Patterns

The best thing to do is to shoot some patterns at the ranges you will shoot at most pheasants. That said, the Remington Ammo should be fine. You could load two of the Remington shells and a Federal PS. If you will be hunting in South Dakota, you can load all five rounds if you want to.

I also often use Imp. Cyl. choke.

Lock and Load! :D

Fives or fours. Fives sometimes hard to find. I really like the PS shells regardless of what others are saying. I shoot enough pheasants a year, so I feel I am a good judge. Very few wounded birds.

Same here PS #5 out of a IM choke from the vinci is pheasant killer for sure I even took a couple of prairie chickens last weekend

I used the new PS shells #5's in SoDak for 2nd and 3rd shells. They hit hard and kill roosters really well.

NB

Back