Prairie Dog Hunting

webguy

UPH Owner/Founder
Staff member
ryan-justin-3plains.jpg

A little off season action for Ryan (webguy) and Justin (the new designer that works for webguy) in South Dakota shooting some dogs at Buffalo Butte Ranch

:cheers:

Webguy, how'd you do? Any record distance shots recorded?

Good luck on your first turkey hunt in Kansas.

Our group consists of Myself, Justin and Jeremy (his brother). Jeremy poked some at the 200-400 yds consistently. He also shot a double. I'll post a few photos. I was decent at 200, but 300-400 I'm not too solid. The pups are tough to hit.

628 yds is the record out there... pretty tough to beat.

Webguy,

Where are you planning to Turkey hunt in KS? I've recently accepted a promotion that has me in the plant 7 days a week so I haven't made it out this season:( but I'd sure love to hear the story of your visit! Let someone know when you're coming and we can show you some KS style hospitality:cheers: Best of luck;)

Webguy,

Where are you planning to Turkey hunt in KS? I've recently accepted a promotion that has me in the plant 7 days a week so I haven't made it out this season:( but I'd sure love to hear the story of your visit! Let someone know when you're coming and we can show you some KS style hospitality:cheers: Best of luck;)

Promotion? That's good right? 7 days a week is a lot... well I work 7 days a week. I'll be in Kinsley Kansas hunting turkeys then heading up to Glen Elder to do some fishing before heading back home to Minnesota. I've been in South Dakota for the last 5 days. a 12 day trip total for me. Thanks for the invite. I'll be down in KS again this year.

Ryan

Kinsley? Turkey hunting? That is not what I expected to hear. There are some out there, but nothing like we have on this side of the state. My dad lives about 10 miles from Kinsley. Good luck!

Kinsley? Turkey hunting? That is not what I expected to hear. There are some out there, but nothing like we have on this side of the state. My dad lives about 10 miles from Kinsley. Good luck!

I suppose it's like anything else... I've seen area's in SD with low pheasant populations but had great success. I'll be back next year if I get that deer tag.

My uncle went to Buffalo Butte last year and shot some birds. He said that it was a very nice place and that he plans on returning again this year. He's trying to talk me into a trip up there. :thumbsup:

Man, that is one big beautiful Bird, Ryan, Congrats on a successful hunt. That must have really been a thrill.---Bob

My uncle went to Buffalo Butte last year and shot some birds. He said that it was a very nice place and that he plans on returning again this year. He's trying to talk me into a trip up there.

Good to hear! Yes, it's a very nice place to visit kiotehntr. I got some 360 virtual tours of the place while I was out there prairie dog shooting.

Pheasants/No pheasants?

Did you see any pheasants while you were in KS? If so, how did the ratio look? I saw quite a few birds around Greensburg a few weeks back, but there were definately more roosters than hens.

Did you see any pheasants while you were in KS? If so, how did the ratio look? I saw quite a few birds around Greensburg a few weeks back, but there were definately more roosters than hens.

I saw a bunch of pheasants while in Kansas and got a few good photos of some roosters. I heard a ton of coyotes at night as well.

I was in Greensburg at the gas station. That town got wiped out. The hospital is a few trailers. The new place should be pretty nice.

Back