Prairie chickens in CA!

quail hound

Now I've seen everything! No need to drive to the prairie states anymore to check a chicken off your list, we have them here now apparently. :eek:They're wasting their targeted add money on me, that's for sure.:cheers:

Fairly reasonable prices too:rolleyes:

Though, after all the expenses that go into traveling to another state, you may be better off (financially).:D

Somebody must have sold your information to get on that site's email list. Just the model release form makes me question their business model. It must come from an overblown view of how wonderful it is to hunt planted birds. Notice that you have to keep all the birds that your dog or their dogs catch. When they go to the trouble to put that into the agreement you know it must happen often.
I keep remembering something about a fool and his money...

Hi Gentlemen,

Hope you're doing well. Thank you for voicing your concerns regarding our contracts. We are actually working with Tejon, MCC and Palomar Hunt Club - they have shared their contracts with us - so what you see in our contracts is information that can be found in other hunting club contracts around the state, so there is nothing unusual or foreign in our contracts.
We do require you to keep all the birds shot, injured or captured in the field as it is required by California Fish and Game - we actually had them review our contracts to ensure we did everything possible to ensure we were doing our best to protect the environment and respect the law. Our dogs are not known for jumping on birds, however, we do allow our hunters to bring their own dogs, and we prefer not to be held responsible for the abilities and actions of dogs that are not our own.
As for the model release contract concern - that contract is only for people who's pictures we use on our website. Technically, and legally, companies are not allowed to use pictures of people on their website or for monetary gains without a signed release for those in the pictures. You don't have to sign it and if you dont, we just wont post your pictures to our website - no harm, no foul - just trying to keep everyone happy :)
As for the OP's post, yes, we can provide prairie chicken if that's what you'd like. At V1 Ranch, we work as a concierge hunt club - we will do our best to provide anything that our hunters ask for. If that includes yoga, on a paddle board, in the middle of the lake - then we will make it happen. If that includes hunter education and lessons, we will do it. And if that includes bringing in foreign birds to an area where the weather is always beautiful so that they can relax and enjoy a dreamy hunt - then we make it happen :)
Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will be more than happy to answer them for you.

...- we will do our best to provide anything that our hunters ask for. If that includes yoga, on a paddle board, in the middle of the lake... - they can relax and enjoy a dreamy hunt - then we make it happen :)

Well, I seem to have outlived what constitutes actually hunting upland birds. I don't know what exactly this experience is but it's nothing like any hunting I've done.

Usually the yoga on a paddle board thing is for hunter's wives, if they choose to come with lol. We have a lodge for our guests to stay at - and if they bring their significant others, we like to have things for them to do as well if they're not hunters.
Sometimes we have hunters that come and stay with us for a week, and in that week they ask for early morning yoga, a hunt afterward, fishing in the afternoon, etc. Whatever they want, we can make that happen.

Maybe I will see a Himalayan Snow Cock when I am in California next week LOL. All BS aside, I have never spent a dime at a pay to play "shooting club" I don't call em hunting clubs, because put and take is not hunting IMO. One could call it training. Hunting to me is fair chase on wild game.

I refuse to pay 20-30 dollars for the same birds I buy for 6-9$ and train with on my own land. But that's just me. Some I understand are willing to dole out the doe, and not have to deal with anything but pulling a trigger. People from a city life etc. But, I could never, ever, go to a "game farm", or "shooting preserve", and call it hunting.

Back