Powerball Winner

OKRev

Since the Powerball is sitting at $800M and might go up before the drawing tomorrow night, I was wondering how you are going to spend it all when you win. Bird dogs, ranches, handmade Italian shotguns, gadgets, trips?

powerball

Yes all of those! A ranch and nice shotguns for sure and plenty of fishing and hunting trips to far away lands. My Girl on the other hand is a CPA will make due with a small cabin on the Cumberland River.

I'd say goodbye to my debt and so would my family.

Then I'd say hello to a new rig, a house for the wife, and a game farm and bar for me (I get bored if I don't work).

A little extra cash

Lol pheasant season must be over cuz we are talking about different stuff. When I win I will move to Spearfish so I can be within striking distance of pheasant hunting in SD, western ND, and northeast Montana. I'd also be within a few hours drive of Bozeman, so I can ski at Big Sky more than one week a year. I'd have one or two more French Spaniels and maybe they would start working together to trap the running roosters out there instead of giving my one dog fits. Lastly, I'd upgrade my 97' Silverado with 200k on it that has so faithfully taken me to and from SD in some terrible weather. Probably get into a used 05' or 06' Silverado with less than 100k. Go from the 5.7L to the 5.3L and pick up a few miles per gallon. Other than that I really can say that I'd need anything else.

Simple---buy land and improve the habitat--oh ya LOTS of land:D

Like many, first family debt would be wiped out and college trust would be established for my kids and nieces and nephews children. Next I would buy property in multiple states which are home to the many upland birds I like to hunt and would improve and manage said lands, then I would spend my falls hunting all my lands chasing birds from one season to the next. I would definitely follow the woodcock migration. Along with this I would be raising Brittany's. I'm sure I would upgrade hunting rigs and probably homes too. I would also restart my consulting business just to stay busy. I would fulfill my dream of owning every gauge of shotgun, in every possible style of my favorite manufactures housed in wood gun cabinets built by my dad and I.

Last edited:
Powerball

My actions would follow those that many of you have listed. I would also include several charities that I felt offered sincere help to those in need. Wounded Warriors would be at the top.

I would retire from my day job and start running the most inefficient farm you ever saw. :laugh: Wildlife would love it though...

lotto

I would buy 50 sections of contiguous riparian land in some county close to Mott, N. Dakota.... i would set up a perpetual trust for habitat improvement in said county, with ongoing food plots, and pay group of farmers to maintain said habitat , and food plots.
I would open 1 out of 3 sections to YOUTH hunting only. 1 of out 3 sections to public hunting, 1 out of 3 sections NO Hunting at all!

sorry no driving off any of the maintained county roads!

The hunting would be like the 1920's in all the farm belt for pheasants, and deer. YOU All would be invited, and people would come to hunt there from all over the USA!

I would retire from my day job and start running the most inefficient farm you ever saw. :laugh: Wildlife would love it though...

Hahaha! I have a buddy that claims he is the worst wheat and milo farmer in the state because he just can't seem to get his whole harvest in on time. Wink, wink.;)

Back