Poudre River Gundogs

PTM

Anybody have any experience with a dog from this breeder. I am buying one from there and was wondering if anybody had any positive feedback.

I guess if there was negative feedback I'd hear that too maybe by the way of PM

A Labrador, I like the pointing aspect of his lines, now as an amateur trainer who hunts heavily pressured birds who'd sooner run than fly, and having another dog that is a die-hard flusher first and occasional pointer, I'm not sure I can bring those traits out like the pros, but I plan to have fun trying. I have been researching the APLA breeders and they seem like a very professional group. I narrowed it down to Tiger mountain, Trieven and at the last minute went this direction. I like that everything is readily available on his website as well and he was willing to spend a good chunk of time on the phone explaining all my questions.

Highly recommend

Saw your post and recognized the breeder as I have a dog from Gary myself out of his famed dog "Otter". What an awesome dog she has been for us, everything I could have hoped for in a pointing lab. I even bred her to my superb flushing lab and the line has been remarkable. I know his prices on dogs are not cheap but usually you get what you pay for. You won't regret it in my opinion :thumbsup:

That is awesome, I am super excited, I appreciate the info, hopefully we'll have lots of birds in this swamp to practice on next year.:D

new pup

are you driving down? roads were terrible today as I tried to go thru billings , on my way to rapid city.. turned around!

No my Dad is coming up from AZ as it turn out and he is going to grab her on the way, he is looking at an aircraft in Chester, an Air Coupe or something like that. I'll post up some picks this weekend, we are getting down to the wire two days.

It is definitely a her the final three names are Sky, Ellie, or Molly, this was determined after a Brady Bunch style family vote, Ill get a picture up on Saturday, the litter ranged from a cream color like the dog I have now to reddish.

Molly

Molly_zps84d5149d.png

Here she is, they start out so small, this one is full of vinegar already.

What a sweet little girl Patrick, the pup too.:thumbsup: How does Liela like her?

Back