Pointing Lab

KCWIEM

I have heard and seen the crazy $$ people are paying for "pointing labs".... I personally have never seen it.... If anyone has any pics post them please..... I have a 4yr m Wiem/Lab mix that will point with the best of them and jump in the lake after a duck....

I don't have any pic's, but a story of experience. Back in 1955, I was invited to go hunting by a couple of friends. I had never done it, so I accepted. I was in the Navy and I got a loaner shotgun from the armory. The dog we had was a Black Pointing Lab named Lady, owned by Jake Mauer, of St.Paul, MN. They took me southwest of the cities and into some picked corn fields. Lady went down the rows of corn POINTING the pheasants hiding under the bend over corn stalks. It was wonderful and they took me several times. The next year I got married and my own home. I then went and bought a GSP named Brandy and a pump shotgun. I hunted some that fall with my dog and Lady. I can say from my experience with Jake's dog, I have always had a soft spot for Pointing Labs. She was one awesome pointer.....Bob

Well I guess that is what you can call him.... He has the color of a wiem he is built like a lab he points like a wiem and he retrieves/swims like a lab... He is by far the best dog that I have ever had.... And to think that I rescued him as a puppy because it was a mut and the guy didn't want to breed his two dogs.....

Back