Pierre Crop Harvest

Depends on the area and crop. Most places got 2" plus of rain two weeks ago, some more, especially south of Pierre. Cool temps, very little drying of the soil. Soybeans mostly out. Corn around 1/3 left. Plenty of sunflowers left. I have not been able to get in the fields in over 2 weeks. Winter showed up yesterday. A couple inches of snow, wind, 19 degrees feels like 3. Weather guessers say it is supposed to warm up later next week.

How is the harvest going there now? Just wondering as I am considering on going or not. I usually go with the three army friends but they have not been able to go
I am a disabled vet with lung problems and unfortunately have only been able to hunt around 2nd grade roads close to cut corn and if I have a problem someone might see me. I am NOT looking for help or anything, just info.
Thanks

Combines are starting to roll, depending on how much rain the field received, residue, type of crop, etc. Graveled roads are drying up, dirt track section lines still pretty slimy. Snow pretty much gone. Would guess 1/4 to 1/3 of fields left.
Good luck!

Combines are starting to roll, depending on how much rain the field received, residue, type of crop, etc. Graveled roads are drying up, dirt track section lines still pretty slimy. Snow pretty much gone. Would guess 1/4 to 1/3 of fields left.
Good luck!
Thanks for the information. Appreciate it.

Back