Pictures of my Setter, Andy.

Hunter1971

Andy and I met up with his trainer, Mark Facey, on Friday and worked Andy on some Chukar just so I could learn how Mark has been handling him and also so Mark could see how Andy was after his first weekend with me chasing the Wily Roosters. I think Andy is doing great!! Mark did a great job with Andy!! Andy is everything I want him to be and then some!!:thumbsup: I (we) are very happy that we had Mark as Andy's trainer. :cheers:

He looks great, and I must say, hunting pheasants with those snowcapped mountains in the background must surely be good for the soul. Beautiful backdrop for your hunting adventures.
-Croc

I wish that's where I hunted pheasants, that's just his training grounds. I have to go a whole lot further east to hunt pheasants, no mountains in sight. :(

But I remember the days when there were good areas to hunt pheasants in Utah along the Wasatch Front with snow capped mountains in the back ground, but those days are pretty much gone, it's all houses now. :(

I also remember the days of hunting upland in Montana with snow capped mountains all around us. I really miss those days and living in Montana. I often think about how life would be if I would have never left Great Falls Montana all those years ago.

But for now, I'm happy that there are still public areas with a few birds to chase here in Colorado and I'm looking forward to getting out after them this weekend!! :thumbsup:

Very Cool

Andy and I met up with his trainer, Mark Facey, on Friday and worked Andy on some Chukar just so I could learn how Mark has been handling him and also so Mark could see how Andy was after his first weekend with me chasing the Wily Roosters. I think Andy is doing great!! Mark did a great job with Andy!! Andy is everything I want him to be and then some!!:thumbsup: I (we) are very happy that we had Mark as Andy's trainer. :cheers:

I'm working with a second season britt. He finished last season well, but your dog is what I'm hoping he will be by the end of this season. NICE !!!

Thanks for the comments!! :thumbsup:

I'm incredibly bias....... Andy is a thing of beauty on point!!! :laugh:

I've had other pointing breeds over the years, but my all time favorite has been the English Setter, and as far as I'm concerned Andy is a fine specimen of his breed and I hope he's around for a very, very long time! He's a great hunting Buddy!! :beer:

Back