Pictures from the Kansas Trip

Houston54

I spent last week chasing birds in Kansas and had limited success compared to years past. Started off in Pawnee county where we hunted about 3,000 acres of private land. Unfortunately much of the land we had success on last year was in winter wheat or freshly plowed this year. Spent three days in the area and kicked up a ton of hens but few roosters. Would have had most of those in the cooler but the group I had with me missed most.

I then moved down to the Liberal area and had better success on the private land but again it was not like last year.

The accuracy of the upland bird forecast is questionable after my experience this year. I do not think I will put much faith in it in the future.

I have noticed that every third year has marginal hunting and my son point out to me that this was the dreaded third year. At least the large number of hens we saw give hope for next year.

Here are some pics

Looks like you both had a good time, maybe one better then the other...:D Looks like the dogs are haven a blast:coolpics:

Wakeeney WIA success

Does anyone have any recent reports from the Wakeeney/Hill City area. We are planning a few days in the area around New Years.

You might get better information if you posted your question in the correct forum. Go to the Kansas section and see if anyone can give you a reply. Highjacking this thread is not the best way to get your information. Welcome to the board. If you do go on the hunt be sure to take pics and share them here.

Apoligies

You might get better information if you posted your question in the correct forum. Go to the Kansas section and see if anyone can give you a reply. Highjacking this thread is not the best way to get your information. Welcome to the board. If you do go on the hunt be sure to take pics and share them here.

Sorry, I'm a forum newbie.

Back