Pheasants with out food plots?

new2pheasants

I am just learning about pheasants and from what I have seen pheasants pretty much can't get along with out agriculture of some kind. Especially here in Michigan. This doesn't seem right. There must be native plants that can be used without food plots and still have pheasants. Can this be done?

I am just learning about pheasants and from what I have seen pheasants pretty much can't get along with out agriculture of some kind. Especially here in Michigan. This doesn't seem right. There must be native plants that can be used without food plots and still have pheasants. Can this be done?

New2,

PF website has some right on inof about what pheasants need all year.

http://pheasantsforever.org/page/1/LandManagement.jsp

Too much cropped ground is not a good thing for wildlife or pheasants.

Pheasants(ringnecked) are a cropland bird. That is why there was a niche for them in America as we didn't have a native bird that took full advantage of our new habitat created by agriculture. They thrive with 40-60% cropland and do best with a diversity of crops available. Weeds add to this, legumes add as well. I suggest you get on the Pheasants Forever site and read in depth. It'll help you with your hunting success to better understand them as well.

Back