Pheasants wanted

This is the second time I've heard this today FC:confused:

I know a lot of game farms shut down this past year due to high feed costs.

If you're looking for bird from "anywhere" there's always the mega farm "macfarlane". It will cost a bit but they do ship birds.

http://www.pheasant.com/

Sorry I can't be more of a help.

The are out, they are buying up everything in the country. We hope to find enough to hold a trial.

Macfarlane is out? Wow. It's only the first week in January too. This doesn't sound good for hunt clubs.

I just emailed a guy I used to buy birds for taxidermy purposes in Island Lake IL. He's always got hens this time of year, though by the way it sounds he may be out too.

I PM you if he's good to go.;)

I wish I was raising pheasants right about now! no game farms around have any - - I don't know if I'm going to get Mojo on any pen raised birds the rest for the winter

Sorry FC but the breeder I was speaking of is out too. I stopped by my buddies place to see what he wants to do with his birds. He sold them over the phone as I walked through the door.

I'm going to grab some for taxidermy and the rest are going back to the breeder.

I've never seen anything like this this early in the season.

Too many breeders shut down this past year. Now those remaining can't keep up with demand. To bad.:(

Last edited:
FC, I contacted Gisi Pheasant Farms by Ipswich, SD as they have a large pheasant raising operation. They are out and they had no idea where you could but pheasants now or in the spring. You might have to use chukars!!

Nick, George or any one we could really use some help with about 600 hens or what ever. Or spring trials will be canceled. Any help would be greatly apreciated.:cheers:

Im buying quil from a gut in iowa tomorrow morning. I could see if he has any extra. Would you be interested in some?

hi i went to a preserve operation near my home town in Montana yesterday, he said the open winter so far has increased the PRESERVE hunting demand for birds, and everyone he talked to is low or out of birds. He did find some in Boise recently but not sure of who that is? I will find out if there is interest there? let me know?

There's a breeder in SilverCreek and MapleLake,MN they might have birds left. The one in silvercreek goes through upwards of 30,000 a year

FC you pm box is full. I stopped by both places tonight and they are out. The only other place I can think of is Oakwood GameFarm in Princeton. They raise 75,000 adults a year according to their website. Not sure what their price is or if they have any left but you can get their # off of their website www.oakwoodgamefarm.com

Back