pheasant season opener and doves season

I went to the Colorado parks and wildlife site to see what the opening date was for pheasant season and it showed it started on Monday November 12th. I guess I was mistaken because I thought it always started on a Saturday, but I Have not hunted on Colorado's opener ever. Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind this.
Also has anyone hunted dove's at the wildlife area at Rocky Ford the last couple of years. I use to hunt there but quit after shot almost constantly falling on me ot having someone come and sit about 10-12 feet from me and wants to hold a conservation with me.
Guess I will look around some, I was told the Pueblo resevoirs wildlife area is sometimes good for a few birds.
I just got an invite to hunt the first weekend of pheasant season with a friend and his friend whos father has appr. 5000 area in the SE area of the state, I know the invite was because they don't have dogs and I do but that is fine as they are all great guys. :cheers:

Pheasant opener

I believe that was for the 2011-2012 season. According to the website the date will be decided at the July meeting. Always starts on a Saturday!:cheers:

Any SWA in the Ark Valley will be packed to ridiculus levels thanks to Fort Carsons more than tripling in size during the past 10 years. The last time I hunted the Oxbow SWA back in 2003 or 2004 and it was just full of soldiers. (Southern drawl & Ft Carson stickers on the truck were a dead giveaway), but anywho, they are crowding the valley and unfortunately bringing that leasing crap with them

Before I get jumped, I did my time in the Army too

JLMATTHEW,
I believe you are right there, I did not think of that. I guess I will take some time in August and drive around some. I have a friend whoes son I have gotten into hunting and trap/sporting clays shooting, was hoping to find a place to take both of them so will just look around.
I also did my time in the army 19 years worth.
Thanks for the insight. Jim

All you have to do is call the hotels out in Sterling and Holyoke and ask when weekend pheasant season starts. That would be the weekend when you can't find any rooms available. I called yesterday and got the last 2 rooms at the Burge Hotel in Holyoke (November 10th).

Its hard to believe that the CDOW can't publish opening dates more than 4 months ahead of time. Don't they have calendars that go out further than the current year?

I quit hunting Rocky Ford when my minivan windows got shot out by a BB gun in one of the parking lots. Just trying to do a little duck hunting, come back to the parking lot, and the big back window and the passenger window were shot out.

Marshrat,
I bet you would like to put your boot in someones A##, I can not believe what people do these days , some people just have no respect for other peoples property. And the problem is it may not have been kids.

Back