Pheasant loads

Ranger6

I think I have enough to get through the season but everywhere I look everyone is already sold out of Pheasant loads. If you are planning to get loads for the season you might want to start looking now. Anyone know where you can find Pheasant loads that is not sold out?
Thanks
Tom

Have you tried looking at ordering them direct from Federal? Or your preferred ammo maker? Everytime I check Cabela's and the big box stores they're our but Federals website will sometimes show in stock.

Tom,

Last week I encountered the same situation at Cabelas/Rogers - only a few Prairie Storm. Mills F. F. in chaska ocassionally gets a shipment but they are gone in hours. Walmart in E, Prairie stopped selling shells; not sure about the rest of the Walmart stores.

I visited the "Boss" web site and review their shell offering...am a bit confused about their labels.

They list a 20 GA 2 3/4" 7/8oz #7 as MAG. Is this a magnum shell? Opinion anyone??

Sold out by design. They sell out every fall before most seasons ever begin.

May make a decent shell, but boy they do know how to market.

Boss is definitely my preferred ammo. Just keep checking. They will have stock and refill often. You can also call them and they will give you an update on when to check the site. 2 3/4” 5 or 4 shit shells are plenty by them. My whole group it’s all we shoot now.

Anyone shooting a 20 or 16 gauge I saw there was some at the Eden Prairie Scheels as of Thursday 9/9/21. They were field loads but didn't pay much attention to shot or load size. NO 12 gauge anywhere I've been checking in store or online. Fleet Farm in Monticello had NO shotshells period.

Shout out if you find anything.

Have you tried looking at ordering them direct from Federal? Or your preferred ammo maker? Everytime I check Cabela's and the big box stores they're our but Federals website will sometimes show in stock.
All of Federal's online stock is unavailable out of stock.

I've talked to a few Scheels employees. They don't know if they will get their orders this year or not. Might want to make sure you have some bismuth or steel ready to roll, it's looking fairly bleak for lead.

Just got home from the local Wal Mart where I found boxes of Winchester Super-X 16 gauge, 1 1/8 ounce loads of #6 (which will drop any bird we deserve to get)-they were selling for $13.76/box. They also had Federal 12 gauge hi brass #6's for $12.44/box. I also bought 3 boxes of Winchester Super-X 1 ounce loads of #8 which were selling at $5.73 per box. Did not expect to find them in the middle of a Saturday.

I was at my local fleet farm this week and they told me they typically get around 100 boxes of whatever shotshells per day. Corporate pit a 20 box limit. Those 100 boxes last less then one hour.

Last edited:
I was at SporstmansWarehouse in Grand Junction on Friday and they had CASES of 12 gauge Praire Storm, 3” 4,5,6 if anyone feels the need to mangle some birds this fall. Also, Jerry’s Outdoor Sports had some PS in 16 gauge. They also had ISLES of 12 gauge 7.5 1 1/8 loads.

I don't think you can really rely on what it says is available online because supplies come in-and-out of stock so quickly. I don't think anybody is getting huge shipments in it's all small quantities and they're gone in hours or even days.

It would be impossible to keep up with the online status when things can literally change by the hour.

Last edited:
Back