Pheasant Hunting Info

taz_gerstman

I am looking for a pheasant hunt either in the Kansas or Oklahoma area for the December time frame. I would like to hunt 100% wild birds with a guide service. Can anyone point me in the right direction and in the process maybe tell me why you chose them. thanks

I'll take you hunting in NW Kansas. I'm hoping there may be some birds out there this year. If so, my britt will find em. You pay the motel and restraunt tab plus $100 bucks a day for my company.

Consider South Dakota. I doubt if you'll find a guided all wild bird hunt in Kansas - we're too short of birds at this time - other than the offer above.

The other thing you did not mention is whether or not you will be using a dog. If you are hunting released birds, hunting without a dog is something that can be done. But if you try and get on land with wild birds without a bird dog, it will be tough not only in finding birds but also in finding ones you shoot. Pheasants are a lot hardier than grouse, and just because you hit one, doesn't mean it is a clean kill. That is where a good dog becomes invaluable in tracking down cripples.

Back