Pheasant Hunting around Davenport, IA....HELP

Lost Grove Lake Complex

Lost Grove Lake is about the best public land in that area, not been there this year, but there is usually a good bit of CRP-style grass and edge habitat with some food plots. I have gotten into birds there in the past.

The Goose Lake complex (further north, Clinton county I believe) is another option.

Realize that its a really bad year for the birds, especially in eastern IA. If you can make the drive, the Iowa great lakes area in the NW corner of the state would probably treat ya better. Bird numbers are reasonably high up there and there's a lot more public land.

Take 61 north go by Dewitt exit turn down a dirt road and go start knocking on doors

I live in Davenport...Stay home, not worth the drive. Go to South Dakota. That's where all the birds are. Just got back from their. Awesome!!!

If you can make the drive, the Iowa great lakes area in the NW corner of the state would probably treat ya better. Bird numbers are reasonably high up there and there's a lot more public land.

I've hunted NW Iowa quite a bit this season being that I'm just over the border in Minnesota and had remarkable success. Bird numbers are surprisingly high and I've yet to come up on a field I wanted to hunt and already had a hunter in it. Make the drive if you can...

Back