Pheasant Fest

Allamakee1

Hey,

This will be my first time at Pheasant Fest and I was looking for some reccomendations. Should I bring my wife along? My dog? Is there any seminar that is a must see? Any particular booths? Any other reccomendations?

I was at the one in KC lst year and found it to be quite interesting. My wife came and loved it. There are numerous seminars including on wild game cooking. Those are worth a look. They also had quite good seminars on habitat and particularly on the declining quail numbers that were very informative. If you dog is at all social, bring him. There were plenty of dogs walking around and one of the highlights of the program is the large number of breed organizations there with plenty of dogs to look at.
I think all three of you will enjoy it.

If your wife is at all into the outdoors I'd bring her. If not, best she stay home and let you enjoy it. As for dogs. They try to make the Pheassant Fest dog friendly but I would not recommend bringing your dog. There is nothing for them. Last year in Kansas City it was hot in the auditorium and I ended up taking my dog back out to the vehicle. I found it more enjoyable for myself without having a dog at my side. There was very little space or places to potty a dog.

Back