pheasant call

We have had this discussion here before. As stated before I have one my kids gave me. I had to use it to keep peace, since they tag along, and yes pheasants will answer it early in the year, and early in the season. By now it's to late, you'll have to wait till next year. If you use it now every bird in the section will flush or run out of the entire section.

anyone ever use a pheasant call in the field and get a bird to cackle back?

In the early part of fall and spring.

It's a great way to bring roosters in for photos and video in the spring.

They get ticked off because there's another "rooster" in their territory. You can bring them in very close by calling as long as your hidden well. Making a hen call/chirp works too.

Basically, what you can do with calling in turkeys you can do with calling in pheasants. Believe it or not, pheasants will puff up, fan their tail feathers, drop a wing and their fanned tail to the ground/side, swell their waddles, and strut too. ;)

Always wondered if pen-raised birds would be more likely to respond to a call, just because they're scared and lonely after being put out.

Wild birds know better, I'd think.

dunno. Never tried.

We have had this discussion here before. As stated before I have one my kids gave me. I had to use it to keep peace, since they tag along, and yes pheasants will answer it early in the year, and early in the season. By now it's to late, you'll have to wait till next year. If you use it now every bird in the section will flush or run out of the entire section.

what about a quail call? old and new can u tell me y they will leave? im a little confused on this one when i hear a pheasant cackiiling iwould see them fly from cover to feed or vice versa so how would it spook them?

Always wondered if pen-raised birds would be more likely to respond to a call, just because they're scared and lonely after being put out.

Wild birds know better, I'd think.

dunno. Never tried.

I know I've gotten more then a few by going after a cackler that won't shut up.

what about a quail call? old and new can u tell me y they will leave? im a little confused on this one when i hear a pheasant cackiiling iwould see them fly from cover to feed or vice versa so how would it spook them?

With quail they use the assembly call early and late, oldtimers used the calls to home in on singles looking for company. The pheasant call seems to be more of the flushing alarm call, at least thats all I can get out of my Faulks call. They answer it early in the season, But fly or run later on. I don't know why. Only that they do!

Back