Perfect South Dakota Weekend!

Husker

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend! Temps in the 60's, NO wind and the sun shining! And did I say roosters galore! Our best hunting was in the CRP and the slews, right along the water, but we saw birds everywhere... Tonight, it's time to but the shotgun in the the case and get the rifle out... Got 4 buck tags I need to get filled in the next month or so, starting this weekend, then back to some late season bird hunting... Hope everyone is taking advantage of these bird numbers and the awesome weather we've been having!

Steve

SDC11258.jpg

SDC11266.jpg

Last edited:
It would have been perfect if the Iowa State holder would have threw the football rather than toss it into the air. At least your hunting was good.

It was way to hot by Winner this weekend. 80 degrees, had to hit a honey hole make a two hundred yard walk and get 5 roosters between two of us after putting up a deer stand. Hopefully it cools down pretty soon so we can do some real hunting. This coming weekend is sportsman weekend - deer hunting in the early morning, Pheasants at 10 and back to deer hunting around 3, if we get enough deer shot maybe slip out and get some evening Walleye fishing in. Oh what a tough way to live.

It was way to hot by Winner this weekend. 80 degrees, had to hit a honey hole make a two hundred yard walk and get 5 roosters between two of us after putting up a deer stand. Hopefully it cools down pretty soon so we can do some real hunting. This coming weekend is sportsman weekend - deer hunting in the early morning, Pheasants at 10 and back to deer hunting around 3, if we get enough deer shot maybe slip out and get some evening Walleye fishing in. Oh what a tough way to live.

yah it hit 83 degrees sunday. we got plenty of birds that day. believe me, after tmr, its suppose to be cold now. 50s tmr, 40s wenesday and pretty much 40s and 50s for the rest of the week into the weekend. i think we just had our last warm day.

pheasantaddict,

Your right! My Huskers should have never got themselfs in that position in the first place, but the way ISU was having there way with us, they should have went for one and not got fancy..

This year for me is almost like being a fan of two teams, I just have to wait until kick off to see what one shows up! :thumbsup:

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend! Temps in the 60's, NO wind and the sun shining! And did I say roosters galore! Our best hunting was in the CRP and the slews, right along the water, but we saw birds everywhere... Tonight, it's time to but the shotgun in the the case and get the rifle out... Got 4 buck tags I need to get filled in the next month or so, starting this weekend, then back to some late season bird hunting... Hope everyone is taking advantage of these bird numbers and the awesome weather we've been having!

Steve

SDC11258.jpg

SDC11266.jpg
Hope the day was with the beer cans out??

"Hope the day was with the beer cans out??"

STARJACK.

So a victory beer/cocktail after a good days hunt with the guns put away is wrong??? If so, I don't want to be right...........

Good Day,

Steve

"Hope the day was with the beer cans out??"

STARJACK.

So a victory beer/cocktail after a good days hunt with the guns put away is wrong??? If so, I don't want to be right...........

Good Day,

Steve

SORRYIF I RUFFELED YOUR FEATHERS. But i did miss spell it should of been HOPE THE DAY WAS( DONE) WITH the beer cans out. I like those victory beers just as much as the next guy. To bad in IA this year IT WAS TO DROWNED OUR SORROWS.:cheers:

Great pics Husker, looks like you had great weather and a great time. This was my 5th trip out to SD this year, I can't wait until next year. Have a great season.

Scott

Back