Passing Through

gator51764

Sitting in the back seat of the truck with my dad and brother up front as we drive through SD. On the way home to Missouri after a 5 day ND pheasant hunt and thinking about the many great hunts I have had here in SD and two wonderful shorthairs that were each able to excel at what they did, partly because of the experiences and opportunities we had in SD over the last 12 years. For the last 10 years a small group of us have hunted with a farmer who provided a us a farmhouse to stay in and access to his land for a modest fee about 50 miles west of Watertown. Unfortunately, for health reasons he is calling it quits.

If anyone out there can offer information on a similar hunting opportunity, I would really appreciate it. I don't need a guide, anyone to clean birds or cook our meals and I don't want to be in the heart of prime commercialized pheasant hunting. We have a great group of guys from age 40 to 80+ and I don't want to let our tradition end. Besides, I have two 5 month old shorthairs that are going to need the experience only a wild rooster can give them.

Oh, our ND hunt was great, even though weather conditions were a bit tough for dad (15 below the first morning) we had a great hunt and great dog work.

I'm also very interested in this PM me with info if you don't want to share publicly

Back