Passing on the tradition

ddeslau

A long time buddy and I took our sons out for the first time opening day. Great cover produced a good number of flushes and solid points from my buddy and I's brittanies. For my buddy it was three generations in the field for opening day as his Dad joined us. Kind of bittersweet though as I lost my Dad 16 years ago and really missed having him there for this moment. I know he was enjoying the moment from above but man how I wish he was there with us.

Don't want to get sappy but with Thanksgiving right around the corner take a minute to be thankful for, enjoy and cherish the time you have with those you love!

Happy Thanksgiving!
photo.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Great post and photo.

Great Pics! Family is so important. I took my 80 year old grandpa and my 22 year old sister out for her first time. Sure does make some memories that you wont ever forget.:cheers:

This is the beautiful thing about hunting passing it on I hope some day I can introduce a son or daughter of mine to one of my passions in the outdoors until then ill keep introducing my friends who did not grow up in a family that hunts count is at 4 now and all are hooked and still hunt to the day ! Great pic :10sign:
:cheers:

Good looking picture. It has been good teaching my boys about the outdoors. I also lost my father many years ago (29), I want my kids to have as many experiences with me as possible. I also enjoy bringing new guys into the sport as often as possible. This last trip to SD I was able to bring a guy that hadn't hunted in many years.

I just got back from running my dogs and on the way out I noticed something I haven't seen in my area in a long time - if ever.

Along one of the creeks I spotted a man and a young boy maybe 10 years old, wearing orange and carrying guns. :D

That literally made my day. I wanted to drive back across the field and tell them how happy they made me but simply beeped and waved and gave them a thumbs up.

Back