optomistic thought?

i believe all of that stuff but without seeing some birds at some distance, it ain't gonna happen. one gotta have the idea that he is going to have the opportunity to shoot something even if he doesn't

cheers

My farmer friend in SWK wonders why I don't just take those long walks in Texas. He said I could save a bundle of cash. He might just have a good point. He is starting to think I should be institutionalized for the exercise and fresh air portion of hunting when I mention it to him.

I have not seen the forecast yet, but we all knew it was not going to be full of big bird numbers.

It really doesn't matter that much to me. I am taking the dog bird hunting even it we don't see much. Heck, that just means pheasant hunting will be about the same as my Prairie Chicken hunting. Lots of walking and a bird every now and then.

But our dogs are only with us for a short time, they don't have time to skip a season just because there are fewer birds and we will have to hunt longer and harder to get them.

Load up the dogs, and get out and hunt.

And if a bunch of you want to go to SD rather than KS, that would be good too :D

Back