Opening Weekend Pheasant Trip From Hell

Ok folks, I have been convinced to post the name of the outfit:

HUNTDOKS is the name of the outfit.

Don't be fooled by their website in terms of pheasant hunting. They may be great for deer hunting, but I have over 30 folks that can testify about the pheasant experience this past weekend. I wish some of the gentlemen from Oklahoma would see this post and put their thoughts in. I welcome anyone from HUNTDOKS to come on and try and defend their actions. Until I see some kind of refund, I am going to be a thorn in the side anyway that I can. I am not guilty of libel, slander, vilification, defamation, or other legal classifications because facts are facts!

BTW, if you have had a positive experience with these guys, congratulations and please don't tell me about it because I don't want to hear it. Thanks....

Thanks for going ahead and posting the info. It is much appreciated. No one is perfect on every trip, but this is the worst that I have ever heard!

Yesterday I just hunted with a great guide in the same area. I'll start a separate post later after I get the pictures back.

Cass

Thanks-

I'd like to go back but won't unless I get good info on a legit guide service.

There are many opportunities to hunt Kansas without the services of a guide. Do come back sometime. January is my favorite month to hunt Kansas.

I saw you guys over at your tent eating dinner. Was your guide the guy from Texas with 9 dogs in the big modified flatbed truck/dog box? What a mess. Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Sounds like there could be some legal issues involved.

No, the guy from Texas was hired by HUNTDOKS to help. He was very professional and had lots of good dogs. He was pretty much put in a bind because he did not know the area and couldn't really give any direction outside of how to hunt the field he was sent to.

As stated, the gentleman form Texas was a stand-up guy. He actually gave us his business card and said he wanted to meet up again some time and actually hunt instead of driving around all day and waiting on direction. Totally innocent as to what went on and so was the guide named Mike. He didn't know what he had signed up for either.

Very sorry to hear of your bad experience ! Great Bend is my hometown and I still do a considerable amount of hunting in the area. I know the majority of legit guide services in the area and have never heard of HUNTDOKS. I am aware of some 'non local' services that have leased ground in the area and claim to have 'great hunting'. Unfortunately, whenever I have run into hunters that have paid for their services the story is too frequently like yours. There are some great people, great hunting, and great guide services in the area.

Back