Opening Day?

gspbrdguy

Where's everyone going on opening day? Are your dogs ready? are you ready? How's your gun and truck? Bru and I are pumped to get out. I bought a new camo 870 express(old trusty) and shooting federal amo this year. Think we are headed to grand river for opening day! Bru is strong and fast and quick to quarter. His nose is keen and ready. Should be a good year! Looking forward to those field trials Beaglebob!

Jimmy and Bru

Good luck to you and Bru! Let us know how you made out.

My ESS and I will be at Killdeer for the opener as usual. Best of luck to everyone. Got the dog some work this past week on preserve birds and he is ready to go. Hope the weather cooperates!

Matt D

Where's everyone going on opening day? Are your dogs ready? are you ready? How's your gun and truck? Bru and I are pumped to get out. I bought a new camo 870 express(old trusty) and shooting federal amo this year. Think we are headed to grand river for opening day! Bru is strong and fast and quick to quarter. His nose is keen and ready. Should be a good year! Looking forward to those field trials Beaglebob!

Jimmy and Bru

boys opening day we rabbit hunt... started in 1974...I am putting myself on a 2 day work week after turkey day this year and will rabbit hunt one day bird the next. Doing a north central Kansas hunt in December for a week or so on the kansas /nebraska line. mainly looking for quail on a friend of a friends ranch but a few pheasants are present as well. taking 3 beagles and 6 pointers 3 eps and 3 gsp.:thumbsup::)

Is there much of a WILD pheasant population in Ohio that the public can hunt?

opening Day Fever

Most pheasant are released birds by the state. They drop in 28 different wildlife ares all across ohio. You can fin dates and quantities on the odnr website. Southern Ohio has the largest pheasant population, since the terrain and weather is less harsh down there. Only a few more days to go, getting very excited! Bru and I got out for an evening walk and he kicked up a big buck bedded down in beans 100 yards from house, wish I'd a had my bow, it came running right at me and veered off at 20 yards away! Damn the heart was pounding! Well hope to see everyone out on friday be sure to post pics of the birds and dogs on friday! Good luck if anyone is going to Grand River shoot me a text or call at 330-806-1380

Take Care,
Jimmy Haddox

I'm headed for the Deer Creek area. I hope the wet weather in April and May didn't hurt our pitiful pheasant population. I'm taking 4 labs. Something should flush. If not, I'll bowhunt. Happy hunting.

Five hours of hunting and kicked up 3 hens. Last 2 years we put up 10 to 12 cockbirds. Not sure what the problem is, too wet in the spring or too much standing corn or both. Pitiful. Back to bowhunting.

limit on the rabbits 3 hrs on state ground :)... tossed 40 quail this morning in the milo fields and got the dogs out two at a time. found two phez from an early release. had a good time working young and old dogs..going to work them again in the morning.flight pen birds are flying great. :cheers:

first day

hunting at dillion state park we had 19 points killed 9 roosters with 5 guys in 2 hours. The dogs did vary well. howed every one else do?

hunting at dillion state park we had 19 points killed 9 roosters with 5 guys in 2 hours. The dogs did vary well. howed every one else do?

sweet!!!:cheers::10sign:

Back