Onx for SD

Bird Buster

Question, I just got this for SD but don't see a layer for Walk In areas? Am I missing something or do they not provide this for SD? Thanks-

Interesting mine doesn't list that. Guess I am going to have to talk to Onx customer support.

Nice, I did get the Onx to work finally for walk in areas after they did something on my subscription. You have a great dog by the way.

VERY lucky!! But not exactly accidental. I just uploaded another one this morning.
Holy crap, dude! At the 5:49 mark you are shooting directly at a freaking busy freeway. The bird is in line with the lane of traffic when you pull the trigger and you are damn close to the road. Luck only that a vehicle isn't there when you shot. Very poor gun safety.

Picture5.JPG
Picture6.JPG
Picture2.JPG

Picture4.JPG

Holy crap, dude! At the 5:49 mark you are shooting directly at a freaking busy freeway. The bird is in line with the lane of traffic when you pull the trigger and you are damn close to the road. Luck only that a vehicle isn't there when you shot. Very poor gun safety.

What??? What freeway? Jeeez, I'm sorry. I really care what you think & wish I could take that shot back. I just adore internet safety & ethics police.🥴

Now, I know I'd never convince you that was a safe shot. I don't care. But if for no other reason than to get it off my chest, I'll try to show how somebody who's spent as much time as I have patterning, chronographing, & analyzing shotgun loads & studying shotgun ballistics might defend that shot. It might come off a bit haphazard, but I don't have time to, or interest in, giving screen shots as evidence, or really spit shining the whole thing. So I'll just list some things.

1. According to Google, I was 40 yds from the corner post, which is 30 yds from the road, when I took that shot. So 70 yds from the road. Based on the angle I shot, the muzzle of my gun was 130 yds from the road, in the direction it was pointed, when I fired. 130 yds.

2. I shoot #4 bismuth at 1,350 fps. It's pretty clear the rooster barely gained any altitude & that I fired essentially level to the ground. According to KPY Shotshell Ballistics, and the fact that my muzzle is 62" off the ground, the pellets would've never made it to the road, even if it was at the same elevation as my feet. My pellets would've hit the ground in about 110 yds. At 130 yds (the distance to the road), they'd have dropped 118" (nearly 10') if it had been possible.

3. Not only wouldn't my pellets have made it to the road, but the road is a good 10'-15' ABOVE my feet, or 15'-20' above my pellets, had the ground disappeared & they been allowed to travel 130 yds.

4. Had my pellets been able to fly 130 yards, they'd have only been travelling about 250 fps (probably considerably less, since I was shooting directly into the wind), which isn't even close to enough to pierce skin (which takes 350-375 fps), & probably not even fast enough to chip paint.

5. It's clear that the entire time that rooster was in the air, including its fall to the ground, there wasn't a single car in my GoPro view, which is pretty wide. It took the next car 2.1 seconds (averaging about 10 very similar takes) to travel into the path of my gun at the point the trigger was pulled. Travelling 80 mph (the speed limit in SD), that means it was 82 yds from the path of my pellets, which again, would've never made it to the road in the first place. I'm speculating that most people would take a shot when the nearest unintended target was 82 yds from the path of their shot & 15'-20' above it.

6. There was nothing at all "lucky" (as you say) about the instant I pulled my trigger, the direction my gun was pointed, or the fact that when I fired, there wasn't a car within 80 yds of the path of my shot, which I knew wouldn't make the interstate anyway. It was 100% intentional. If there'd been a car in danger of being shot, I wouldn't have fired & would've instead pointed my muzzle in a safe direction.

Thanks for playing. Come again soon.🤡

Last edited:
What??? What freeway? Jeeez, I'm sorry. I really care what you think & wish I could take that shot back. I just adore internet safety & ethics police.🥴

Now, I know I'd never convince you that was a safe shot. I don't care. But if for no other reason than to get it off my chest, I'll try to show how somebody who's spent as much time as I have patterning, chronographing, & analyzing shotgun loads & studying shotgun ballistics might defend that shot. It might come off a bit haphazard, but I don't have time to, or interest in, giving screen shots as evidence, or really spit shining the whole thing. So I'll just list some things.

1. According to Google, I was 40 yds from the corner post, which is 30 yds from the road, when I took that shot. So 70 yds from the road. Based on the angle I shot, the muzzle of my gun was 130 yds from the road, in the direction it was pointed, when I fired. 130 yds.

2. I shoot #4 bismuth at 1,350 fps. It's pretty clear the rooster barely gained any altitude & that I fired essentially level to the ground. According to KPY Shotshell Ballistics, and the fact that my muzzle is 62" off the ground, the pellets would've never made it to the road, even if it was at the same elevation as my feet. My pellets would've hit the ground in about 110 yds. At 130 yds (the distance to the road), they'd have dropped 118" (nearly 10') if it had been possible.

3. Not only wouldn't my pellets have made it to the road, but the road is a good 10'-15' ABOVE my feet, or 15'-20' above my pellets, had the ground disappeared & they been allowed to travel 130 yds.

4. Had my pellets been able to fly 130 yards, they'd have only been travelling about 250 fps (probably considerably less, since I was shooting directly into the wind), which isn't even close to enough to pierce skin (which takes 350-375 fps), & probably not even fast enough to chip paint.

5. It's clear that the entire time that rooster was in the air, including its fall to the ground, there wasn't a single car in my GoPro view, which is pretty wide. It took the next car 2.1 seconds (averaging about 10 very similar takes) to travel into the path of my gun at the point the trigger was pulled. Travelling 80 mph (the speed limit in SD), that means it was 82 yds from the path of my pellets, which again, would've never made it to the road in the first place. I'm speculating that most people would take a shot when the nearest unintended target was 82 yds from the path of their shot & 15'-20' above it.

6. There was nothing at all "lucky" (as you say) about the instant I pulled my trigger, the direction my gun was pointed, or the fact that when I fired, there wasn't a car within 80 yds of the path of my shot, which I knew wouldn't make the interstate anyway. It was 100% intentional. If there'd been a car in danger of being shot, I wouldn't have fired & would've instead pointed my muzzle in a safe direction.

Thanks for playing. Come again
Wow. I will never question a shot of yours.

For what it's worth I loved the video and the thought of anything unsafe or reckless never even entered my mind while watching. I honestly loved the fact you were utilizing this public spot right by the road. That's what it's there for! If you've never used a gopro, it can be hard to put distances in perspective. The only time I get nervous during your videos is when ace has his tail wagging double time and is chasing a rooster down a barb wire fence😅.

Back