On the road again

Sorry for the delay guys, we have been pretty beat after walking all day but we got into plenty of birds and had limits or near limits the past two days. Will post more pics when I get a chance.

Wow. Rob, keep them coming my friend.:10sign::thumbsup:

Nick

Great image! Looks like the hunt is holding up to the anticipation which you had for it.

How's the pup holding up? I can't imagine the miles it puts on out there.

Nice hunt. Be safe.

:10sign:

Let me tell you guys that we had an amazing time in Montana. The birds may be down but there were plenty to keep the dogs and hunters excited about what may be there in the next walk. We walked our butts off and had the chance to harvest birds everyday.

The hospitality we were shown was second to none with PTM inviting us to invade his home for a week and we were also treated to an awesome walleye fish fry by PTM's friend Willy. Willy ran his dog Buck for us everyday even though an injury had him leave his gun behind, a really great man and we enjoyed the company immensely.

The hunting group from R to L; my dad, Willy and Buck, PTM and Molly, and Dave and Tank.

PTM the dog whisperer at the fish fry.

My Dad and I both harvested our first sharps and even picked up a new dog (the gsp) for a few fields.

All and all I must say this was one of the best trips I've ever been on. I can't thank PTM enough for the opportunity.

After you eat them, do us a favor and please share how you fixed the Sharptails and how you liked them. In my experience one of the more difficult food items to prepare and make taste good.
You've got to like a guy who holds his dog in his arms for a photo.:10sign:

Last edited:
After you eat them, do us a favor and please share how you fixed the Sharptails and how you liked them. In my experience one of the more difficult food items to prepare and make taste good.
You've got to like a guy who holds his dog in his arms for a photo.:10sign:

He's a heck of a guy that's for sure.:thumbsup:

I'll let you know how the grouse come out, we should be able to choke down two at least.

Couple more Pics from MT

IMG_4597_zps94p9zvte.jpg

The Quail man himself with guest dog Jake from State Farm and my other dog Lilah

IMG_4624_zpsh2dxltbg.jpg

Tank from Long hollow with a couple dandies!

flush_zps228635d4.png

Tank was a T-shirt winner from last years contest UPH assisted by Dave!

Last edited:
Thanks for adding those pics Patrick. Jake wasn't half bad for a mutt pointy dog.:D All the dogs Did well and that's a great pic of tank with the yard art in the background.

Completely jealous!

We are thinking about doing SD and MT next year in one trip. Its really nice to have a friend like Patrick who can act as a guide since he knows the area well.:thumbsup:

Whoa! cant believe I missed this thread, way to go Robert, nice hunt there, your living the dream brotha!! :thumbsup:

Your brother couldnt make it?

Whoa! cant believe I missed this thread, way to go Robert, nice hunt there, your living the dream brotha!! :thumbsup:

Your brother couldnt make it?

No my brother couldn't go this time.

Back