? on Slugs

pheasantaddict

What's the difference between a Federal 3" Barnes expander tipped and the Federal 3" Trophy in 20 ga? The weight is 5/8 oz for the Barnes and 275 gr for the Trophy, the velocities are the same at 1900, and both are made of copper. Besides the weight are there any significant differences. I really like the Barnes just a lot harder to find now than the Trophy.

I was just looking on Federal's web site and I don't even see the Barnes listed. They probably don't offer it any more and that's the reason you are having trouble finding it. The Trophy looks like it would work well.

Many of those sabot slugs only shoot well out of a rifled barrel.

Did any of you know that Hastings made a 3.5" 20ga slug gun?

Hastings Sabot Slugs 20 ga 3.5" Mag 2000fps

Sorry for the off topic but I find them very interesting but I believe they are out of production.

If you want to try a deadly slug, try the Hevishot sabot slug. I have shot it out of my SX3 and it is devastating. It is heavy and carries lots of energy way down range. I would definitely recommend this load.

If you want to try a deadly slug, try the Hevishot sabot slug. I have shot it out of my SX3 and it is devastating. It is heavy and carries lots of energy way down range. I would definitely recommend this load.

Sounds like spam to me...

Back