On owning a firearm.......

hunter94

in this day of crazy people, flash mobs and other big city anomalies, thought this was interesting.....

It is always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. And you can take that to the bank..........

Words of wisdom

If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it.

Shooting Advice:

Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not to protect you.

Never let someone or thing that threatens you get inside arm’s length and never say "I’ve got a gun". If you feel you need to use deadly force for heaven’s sake let the first sound they hear be the safety clicking off, and they shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job.

'The average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes… the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'

Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch, is a drill instructor (Thunder Ranch is a firearms training facility in Arizona ). Here are a few of his observations on tactics, firearms, self-defense and life as we know it in the civilized world.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."

"If you're not shooting', you should be loading'. If you're not loading', you should be moving', if you're not moving', someone's going to cut your head off and put it on a stick."

"When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel or the tooth fairy... and you're going to be one of 'em pretty soon."

"Do something. It may be wrong, but do something."

"Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until something else becomes available."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for?"

"Don't shoot fast, unless you're also a good shot."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work, but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

"You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family."

Alive Thanks to My .44

A beautiful woman and I were fishing out in the sticks of northern Nevada when three drunk strangers decided they wanted to party with her. All I had to do was reach for my .44 and the "party" was over. I felt no fear in the encounter because I was well-armed. Lack of fear shows -- no acting required.

Last edited:
Both me and the wife have CCP's and we both carry-we don't look dangerous and so far nobody has had to find just how wrong they are. Hope it stays that way but if not we will have NO REGRETS.

God made man and Mr. Colt made them equal.:D

It's my opinion that you shouldn't even need a license to carry a firearm (concealed or otherwise). Does anyone on this forum actually believe that criminals care if they have a license to carry?

I will defend what is mine, especially my life, with or without a license. Carrying a firearm ensures my right to life and liberty, which I am guaranteed under the constitution of the United States of America. I will be damned if some local or state ordinance infringes on my rights as a citizen.

It's my opinion that you shouldn't even need a license to carry a firearm (concealed or otherwise). Does anyone on this forum actually believe that criminals care if they have a license to carry?

I will defend what is mine, especially my life, with or without a license. Carrying a firearm ensures my right to life and liberty, which I am guaranteed under the constitution of the United States of America. I will be damned if some local or state ordinance infringes on my rights as a citizen.

Yes sir. Wyoming and Arizona have Jioned a few other states in passing the constitutional carry law. Thats right no permit needed for concealed carry.

Amen brother!:cheers:

I have a "by the book" friend. He constantly tells me, "You need to get your CCP before you get caught w/ your gun." Well, I had my wife get hers b/c she needed some of what they taught her in the class; I was also afraid she might forget that it was in her purse some time and set off the wrong metal detector:eek:. I personally refuse to comply. I don't believe the gov't should need to give me permission to do what the constitution already gave me permission to do. I always have it in plain sight while driving and she keeps it in her purse while walking about (shopping etc.). I'm not concerned about getting caught w/ it in my wasteband b/c I don't do anything that would warrant a strip search. I'll gladly pay the fine for not having my permit if I have to use an "illegally" concealed weapon to defend myself:rolleyes: My record is squeeky clean. If I picked up that charge, chances are it would be the only one in my lifetime.

I'm glad I live in KS. I believe this state will always be pro-gun:thumbsup:

Last edited:
kansasbrittany- well said-
most always have a sawed off pump shotgun loaded in my vehicle- sometimes it's in sight sometimes not- gone thru a few traffic stops- simply stated I have a loaded gun in the vehicle

running the Britt's or just out- most times a pistol strapped on or shoulder holstered- in the vehicle as long as something of it is visible it's ok- loaded

I don't have a CC permit- haven't found the need for one
agree- Kansas is good about your right to have a gun

I hate it when topics such as this come up on forums. Because as you see the availability of guns, specifically handguns in America, have created the need for more handguns. I too often find myself " packing". I work in the roughest parts of Kansas City. Often alone, in and out of neighborhoods, and vacant houses, full of drug dealers, gangs, and other criminals waiting for an opportunity. Within two miles of our office, there have been 5 murders in the last couple of months. One occuring on one of our properties in the city. Unfortunately, there are two sides to this story. One is the far left, driven by unrealistic views of society, that will have you believe that if guns are made illegal somehow everything will just be fine. On the other side is the far right, driven by gun lobbyists and others, who think we should be able to pick up a gun at the supermarket. I guess i fall somewhere in the middle. I will probably never have a Peace bumper sticker or one that says " they can pry my gun out of my cold dead hand". I think that kind of rhetoric just polarizes people to one side or the other. But i also feel that someone should have the right to carry a gun if he/she have followed the proper rules. Wildcat, i certainly have no belief that concealed carry laws will have any effect on criminals carrying guns. But i guess that is what seperates you and me from them. I certainly do not know what the answer is to our crime problem, and gun murder rate. I do know that it saddens me to know that i have to carry a gun to feel safe. I am not one that will get on here an testify that " I know that i will blast somebody with a hail of bullets coming at me". I guess none of us know untill it happens. I for one hope I never get the chance. I know this is going to probably start a big crapstorm. " I will get told that I am un-american" and that " I will be sorry when the left comes to my house with the gestapo to get my guns". Oh well, I guess it is just my opinion.

I personally like open carry - more of a deterence and easier access - but concealed is better in certain cirumstances. It's hard to predict what the U.S. Supreme Court would say if a person charged with concealed carry without a permit claimed he was exercising his 2nd Amendment right. My guess is that they would hold it was reasonable regulation of firearms for a state to require a permit (with required qualifications, not just a fee) to carry concealed.

Last edited:
I personlly like open carry - more of a deterence and easier access - but concealed is better in certain cirumstances. It's hard to predict what the U.S. Supreme Court would say if a person charged with concealed carry without a permit claimed he was exercising his 2nd Amendment right. My guess is that they would hold it was reasonable regulation of firearms for a state to require a permit (with required qualifications, not just a fee) to carry concealed.

BritChaser, I'm not a Lawyer, but I think your spot on what the U.S Supreme Court would rule. That is if the case even got that far up the legal road.

BritChaser, I'm not a Lawyer, but I think your spot on what the U.S Supreme Court would rule. That is if the case even got that far up the legal road.

I'm thinking we'll see such a case over the next few years.

Last edited:
Don't think I presently support concealed carry with no permitting/review process. If I remember correctly, AZ now allows concealed carry without any permitting process. If that is so, I will be watching the news to see how that works for you folks. Keep us posted. Very interesting situation.

Last edited:
Don't think I presently support concealed carry with no permitting/review process. If I remember correctly, AZ now allows concealed carry without any permitting process. If that is so, I will be watching the news to see how that works for your folks. Keep us posted. Very interesting situation.

Mental evaluations.....the requester should have to have a fairly in depth mental eval at their expense, plus have a background check ran, then a permit/license issued based on those criteria. I can hardly support everyone carrying concealed weapons w/o any checks/balances, but I sure wish I could. Just too many crazies out there:rolleyes: We don't want the typical paranoid Schizo(sp?) carrying a gun in his pocket when his mind checks out for a minute. Those instances get the anti-gun folks a few more votes in their favor.

Don't think I presently support concealed carry with no permitting/review process. If I remember correctly, AZ now allows concealed carry without any permitting process. If that is so, I will be watching the news to see how that works for your folks. Keep us posted. Very interesting situation.

Yes you are correct AZ doesn't require a permit to carry concealed. The law has been in affect for about a year. I agree that at the very least people who carry concealed should be schooled on the " use of deadly force ".

KB Your point is noted. It's the drug addicts that I worry about.

Yes you are correct AZ doesn't require a permit to carry concealed. The law has been in affect for about a year. I agree that at the very least people who carry concealed should be schooled on the " use of deadly force ".

KB Your point is noted. It's the drug addicts that I worry about.

Lots of dangerous crazy and crazed people around.

Last edited:
That's why I got my Concealed Carry permit...........

Now, if Minnesota would pass some common sense laws regarding some of the statutes in the conceal carry..........

Stand your Ground for one........

Yes Sir, You and I are thinking the same, we just might have a problem with gun rights. Are you ready for the fight? That is the question in my opinion. Do you disagree??

The Heller and McDonald decisions pretty much secured individuals' gun rights.

Back