Older 16 gauge Ammo - 3 Boxes. Estate Sale type stuff - Prefer Kansas City Area Pickup

Chestle

A friend was rehabbing an old house where the owner had moved to an elder care facility. Found a bunch of shotgun shells. I'm keeping the 12s and 20s but there were these three boxes of 16 gauge. I have no idea how old they are but they're not new. Price tags on the boxes show $7 on the Pheasant box and $4 on the Rabbit and Squirrel.

The Pheasant box looks like factory new ammo to me. Brass is a bit dull but not corroded. Hulls are shiny. Crimps look right. 1 1/8 oz of 6s.

The Rabbit & Squirrel box actually has shells that say Winchester Western Duck & Pheasant Load. Same deal; brass is dulled, not corroded. Factory crimped hulls. There are two outliers in this box. A purple Federal 1 oz 6 and a black Remington Long Range 7 1/2, both look factory crimp to me.

The Upland box has Winchester Upland Heavy Field loads. Low brass, dulled but not corroded at all. Shiny hulls. Factory looking crimps. 3 1/4 dram, 1 1/8 oz, 6s.

Looked at Ammoseek and AmmoBuy. This type round is about $20 a box. I'd take $8 per box which seems pretty reasonable to me. You have to take all 3 obxes too so $24. If you think that's nuts then make me an offer.

I would prefer to sell this to someone in the Kansas City area so we can just meet and swap. I really don't want to ship it but if you want it that bad, you'd have to pay shipping.

I'll post pictures shortly.

Wish it was worth the drive up from Joplin! If you ever get further south I would take em off your hands lol!

It would be easy to do a Jack's Stack @ 95th/Metcalf, Q39 111th/Antioch, Joe's Kansas City 117th/Roe crawl.
C’mon take him to a real rib joint like LC’s or Brickyard. ( btw I think Jack Stack has the best burnt ends) everyone should experience Bryant’s once. The brisket sausage combo sandwich will do you in for sure.

If you still have those 16 gauge let me know I am in kc fairly often

Shells are gone.

KC has probably hundreds of Q joints. Bell curve. Some lousy, most pretty dang good and some excellent. Those three I posted are pretty good ones close together for a quick sample/bbq crawl.

Haven't been to Brickyard. I like LC's but haven't been in a while. Bryant's has the history for sure but, IMO not the best Q. You are correct though that the sausage/brisket combo sandwich is pretty good. The sausage livens up some pretty bland brisket.

Back