NW North Dakota place to stay

jeffstally

We have a group of 4 guys heading out October 7th to hunt pheasant and waterfowl. We would like to be in the NW corner of the state. Any ideas for a place to stay?

We have a group of 4 guys heading out October 7th to hunt pheasant and waterfowl. We would like to be in the NW corner of the state. Any ideas for a place to stay?

Williston, Watford City has several Motels. Make reservations. Watford City is a popular area for bird hunters. Also the oil boom.

some hotels have booked by the oil companies rooms, that may not have anyone staying, MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW!:)

That area is really tough for locating rental houses or motels. Even campgrounds are rather full. Call local small town bars and ask them what they know might be available. Possible the oil workers are no longer welcome as some places because of past behavior or payment issues.

I called 15 motels today and they are all booked through November.

I also talked to a game warden and he said this will probably be the best year of waterfowl hunting in his lifetime, but the roosters took a major hit last winter and spring.

I called 15 motels today and they are all booked through November.

I also talked to a game warden and he said this will probably be the best year of waterfowl hunting in his lifetime, but the roosters took a major hit last winter and spring.

Yeah with all the potholes full of water the ducks should be plenty. This may make hunting tougher though because they will be less concentrated.

Have you given any thought to SE or S.Central Nodak, that's some good waterfowl and normally decent Phez hunting, but this year may be the exception?? we'll have to wait and see the road side counts.

Last edited:
Back